Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Apr 9, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Cost for rewiring
    How much would it be for a electrician charge for rewiring a house? The home was built in 1920 with 476 sq.ft.. Does anybody have any ideas or clue? Your help with be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny4me76 View Post
    The home was built in 1920 with 476 sq.ft..
    This is not nearly enough information to even guess. This is the type of thing that a site visit is the ONLY way to give any kind of accurate price.

Considering the tiny size it will not be much if you stay basic.

Will the house be gutted?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:18 AM

To add to Stans, Easier and cheaper if the Drywall? Wood? Was removed from inside walls, You may want to keep it historic.
    Licensed Electricians Abilities Vary Greatly. Some are Very Destructive, and some have the ability to fish wires with Minimum or No Destruction.
    What are the Inside walls made of, Do you have an attic or crawl space, and do you have a Basement or able to get under House?
    There is an Electrician Down here that specializes in concealed wiring, and maintaining the Integrity of Existing.
    For the small size, I would consider a Split AC, and an Demand Water Heater. Are you in the City or the Mountains, Fireplace for Heat?
    Small Places can be Made Very Comfortable.
    Any Photos.
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Apr 11, 2010, 09:41 AM

I would say the inside is wood. Yes, they can get under the house so to speak. Just trying to get some helpful information for my mother. Brother said just to get a new circuit breaker meter loop with 100amps, with new wiring for lighting & plugs. B/c everything else is not really necessary.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 12:37 PM

Not sure your Brother is a qualified Electrician, Rewiring, is usually done to bring up to current code, make safe, replace damaged wiring or to increase your Service.
    Rewiring could be done from underneath the House.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What cost would be considered a period cost not a product cost. [ 7 Answers ]

Which of the following is a period cost and not a product cost? A.Manufacturing equipment depreciation B.propery taxes on headquarters C.direct material cost E. Sales commissions

Rewiring Bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

The bathroom used to have a drop-down ceiling with one grounded outlet and a large panel fluorescent light. In replacing the drop-down with actual drywall, I reworked some of the wiring beginning at the point it enters the bathroom. On a 15-amp circuit I first replaced the grounded outlet with...

Rewiring an old generator [ 8 Answers ]

I have an old 5KW generator with an L6-20 and a 5-20R duplex receptacle. From the generator itself there are two black and two white wires going to the distribution panel. Nominal voltage is 120 between black and white, and 240 between black and black. Inside the panel, the two black wires go...

Average cost, fifo cost, lifo cost [ 1 Answers ]

In may they began with 67 tents @ $17 and purchases of: 104 tents @ $19 159 tents @ $21 36 tents @ $22 They sold 314 tents and may 31st ending inventory consists of 52 tents. The sales price of each tent was $49. Determine the cost of goods sold and ending inventory for the month of may...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

View more questions Search