Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigarv65 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Need Help with Hunter Thermostat Please
    I have a Payne PF1MNC hvac, and just replaced my White Rodgers thermostat (It wasn't blowing hot air or kicking in in Auto mode) with a Hunter 44155C. There were 4 wires attached:

G to G
    R to Rh (with jumper)
    Y to Y1
    W to W
    And an unattached B

I attached them the same to the Hunter:

G to G
    R to Rh (with jumper)
    Y to Y1
    W to W/B (the only option)
    And left the B unattached

When I tested the operation, the fan blew hot air for several minutes before stopping, and hasn't worked since. I cannot get the fan to start in Heat or AC mode.

I have checked all circuit breakers in the house and on the outside of the HVAC.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a circuit breaker inside the HVAC, and if so where and how do I get to it? Or am I all messed up and need bigger help?

I have been surfing the forums, but have had no luck. Thanks in advance.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Should be right. Looks fine.

Check all connections to be sure no loose or missed wires.

To test the system disconnect the wires from the stat, and temporarily touch:

Red to green should start fan
    Red to white should start heat
    Yellow to white should start AC

If all works that way, then the stat is either not set right, or defective.

There are sometimes small fuses for the control (stat) circuit, on a board or at the transformer.

Dec 4, 2006, 05:32 AM
    Tested the fan as suggested and it did not start. I'll investigate for fuses after work today, but curious as to what's wrong now.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 07:19 AM
    There isn't too much to go wrong if the fan test failed. You either do not have power to the furnace or the controls. Note, If you had the cover off the furnace, you need to use you third hand to hold the safety switch in. Unless it is a heat pump, The outside unit has nothing to do with the heat or fan. Check the circuit breaker to the furnace. Turn it all the way to off and back on again. Check the control board for a fuse. The newer ones use an auto style blade one.

Dec 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the help, it was a circuit breaker in the garage that was tripped.

Problem now is: I reset the breaker, heater fan works fine, fan stops when temp reached, breaker trips again. Rinse and repeat...

What might cause this behavior?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Thermostat wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I seem to have "developed" a problem tonight. I just removed my old manual thermo and labeled the wiring accordingly. It looked the heat hot came into a spot labeled "4". Then it was jumpered to Rc. So when I hooked up the Hunter programmable 44360, there was already a jumper between Rc and...

Rheem to Hunter Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, I'm trying to replace an old rheem thermostat with a hunter Model 44155C. The wiring colors are confusing to a novice like me. There are five wires: red, green, blue, yellow and white. The hunter thermostat has connections for RH, RC, G, Y/O, W/B, and Y1. The only two wires that I...

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

Wiring Question for Hunter programmable Thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. OK I have a Hunter Programmable Thermostat Model #44360. When I hook it up the fan works, it kicks on when it should at the right temp, however it's blowing hot. The color wires that are hooked up with my old thermostat are: White, Blue, Green,...

Baystat240 to Hunter 44760 Thermostat Conversion [ 2 Answers ]

Switching over from Weathertron Baystat240 to Hunter 44760. Current wiring on Baystat is: R: Red T: Brown O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Vacant B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

View more questions Search