Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcarch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 10:35 PM
    How to relinquish parental rights if I am a legal guardian
    I have legal custody of my grandson. He has lived with me for five years. He is my son's son. He has caused me nothing but problems. I have been to the magistrate three years straight for truancy. It has cost me well over twelve hundred dollars, in fines. He haas stolen over fifteen hundred dollars from. He has made my life unbearable. I've given him so many chances. He's had mentors, psychiatrist, after school programs, and people taking an interest in him to try to help him to no avail. His mother his mental issues, and I am starting to believe that he does too. Since he been with me ,his grandmother, I have been to his schools at least forty times. I am just burned out. I am taking antidepressants. I want him out of my life. I'm the type of person that gives a person a chance over and over again, but I'm getting older [60], and I feel like I'm losing my mind.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 12:48 AM

Where is his father in all of this? Why is he not with either of his parents? And what sort of mental issues does his mother have? Is she unable to parent him because of her issues?
    babysaver Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Apr 4, 2010, 06:47 AM

Did mom have her rights terminated by the court or did she ask you to take legal guardianship of her son?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish Parental Rights [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son that I have had custody of, he has been ticketed and arrested 3 times in the past 4 months for drug usage and has had my now 10 year old try marijuana, I have sent him to live with Dad since this last arrest. I do not want my son to return to my home, I am afraid my...

How does a legal guardian in WA relinquish rights/how hard is it? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I took legal guardianship of a 13 year old (2 1/2 years ago). The child is now 16 and very unmanageable. He runs away all the time and remains a runaway until caught. This is especially hard to deal w/ because, although it is not illegal for a child to runaway in this state, it is...

Relinquish parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of North Carolina how does a father voluntary relinquish his parental rights and give all rights to the mother?

Relinquish parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

His ex-girlfriend is trying to get more money out of him for child support. He is already tapped out. He feels if he gives her any more money he won't have anything to give his little girl when he has her. He feels that if she gets more money out of him that he will have to give his daughter up...

Relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My step son-in-law says he is going to give up complete rights to his children. The mother would have sole responsibility. Can he do that in Mississippi?

View more questions Search