Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Mar 27, 2010, 10:59 AM
    If death passed to all men by one man's sin,how did they live?
    In the Bible Enoch walked with God and was no more. Elijah was taken to heaven with out dying. If by Adam's sin death came unto all men,how where these two men spared death?
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Mar 27, 2010, 12:35 PM
    Hebrews 11: 5&6
    5."By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death,
    "and was not found, because God had taken him", for before
    he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God."
    6."But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those
    who diligently seek Him."
    Enoch walked with God for 300 years, and then rather than dying, he moved directly into God's presence. Because he "pleased God".
    Faith declares our weakness while it proclaims the trustworthiness of God and His complete and willing ability to do what we cannot. A lack of faith insults God even as it puts foolish confidence in ourselves.

Love and Blessings, Maggie 3
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 04:15 PM

Because God allowed it, The bible is a whole, you have to use all parts and accept that.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2010, 10:12 PM

belovedgift
    Keep in mind that with God all things are possible.How many people have gone to heaven directly we do not know. Only those mentioned have we heard of.
    There may be more. Over the thousands of years there have been many people who were very close to God as were those mentioned.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Apr 2, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    belovedgift
    Keep in mind that with God all things are possible.How many people have gone to heaven directly we do not know. Only those mentioned have we heard of.
    There may be more. Over the thousands of years there have been many people who were very close to God as were those mentioned.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    With Jesus all is possible.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 11:17 PM

belovedgift
    Yes. That is so.
    ONLY with God are all things possible.
    So we Christians believe.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 07:20 AM

The verse isn't talking about physical death... but Spiritual death. Because of Adam's sin death passed to all men ( spiritual death. That is why God told Adam he would surely DIE when or if he ate of the tree of knowledge. HE didn't die right after he ate it PHYSICALLY but he did SPITUALLY... this is why the Lord Jesus Came.. the second Adam. He came to give us life. He that believes in Jesus... even IF he dies ( meaning PHYSICALLY) yet shall he LIVE. ( spritually)

It is appointed unto man ONCE to die... it doesn't state it is appointed unto ALL and every man once to die. I believe there will be a rapture before the tribulation and many more shall be like Enoch and Elijah.

The scripture never contradicts... fyi. We must rightly divide the word of truth.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 09:38 PM

classyT,'
    I agree with you partly.
    But I think that all alive at the time will face the tribulations and must deal with them.
    It could be that the tribs have started already.
    If so how many were snatched up into the clouds?
    None?
    Right.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 05:44 AM

Fredrick,

My dearest Pal...

How in the world could the trib have started? The antichrist must sign a seven year peace treaty with Israel to protect her. That hasn't happened and I certainly don't know who the antichrist is... do you?

Hope you are feeling better.

Tess
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Fredrick,

My dearest Pal...

How in the world could the trib have started? The antichrist must sign a seven year peace treaty with Israel to protect her. That hasn't happened and I certainly don't know who the antichrist is...do you?

Hope you are feeling better.

Tess
    This is only true if the whole thing is literal. I have shown several times that Revelation is symbolic and should NOT be taken literally, which leaves the matter open.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 10:10 PM
    classyT,
    That depends on how a person reads it.
    Because of the symbolism I have no idea of what it really, truly says.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2010, 04:26 AM

They were not spared, they died.
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2010, 10:09 PM

I Newton, So you believe, but I do wonder how many others were taken to heaven without death.
    Maybe some, maybe none.
    Only God knows.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Apr 16, 2010, 08:14 AM

These men were certainly not spared from the effects of sin - growing old. They may have been taken early by God but they were still old in years when this happened. If Adam and Eve had not sinned then where do you suppose they would be now? Still here on earth of course, living a happy perfect sinless life because the punishment was (gradual) death as opposed to the reward of everlasting life.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 06:24 PM

Moparbyfar,
    Have you ever thought about hoe many people would there now be on this planet if Adam, and Eve had not sinned?
    Ity is said that as many people as we halve now alive have passed away in years past.
    That means that we could have 16,000,000,000 people now is sin had not come into the world and if people had as many children as in the past here now.
    Could the world feed and house that many people?
    Some adjustment would had had to be made.
    Peace and klindnmess,
    Fred

Apr 16, 2010, 10:57 PM

Ye of little faith

It is faith like that that made the Pope say he would make a deal with the devil if it meant saving the church, (it is my opinio that he did make such a deal)

If we had 16B on earth of course there would have to be an adjustment and I would say that God would have found it very very easy for such an adjustment to be made.

The Bible does not contradict; death spread to ALL men (and women) no one went oheaven without dying.

That is a major problem religion has; picking and choosing what part of the Bible they would like to agree with and simply ignore the rest.

Yes, the scripture could be twisted to suggest they went to heaven and did not die, but the Bible does not lie, death spread to ALL men.

Picking and choosing scripture is the reason there are so many Atheists, they can see the hypocirsy in religion.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 11:13 PM

I Newton,
    You have made a point but the bible does mention that at the least 2 men went to heaven without first dying.
    So ALL men do not die first. Perhaps since then that is true and I think that is is so.
    But I do not know for sure and to me it is not very important.What is very important to me is the salvation message, story and instructions the bible give us to see and learn.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Apr 17, 2010, 12:34 AM

I agree, it is a small point

I do not study the Bible, but as far as I know, one of the men spoken of did not go to the heavens where God is because it was actually recroded that he was doing preaching work at some other land; is this so?
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Apr 17, 2010, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Moparbyfar,
    Have you ever thought about hoe many people would there now be on this planet if Adam, and Eve had not sinned?
    Ity is said that as many people as we halve now alive have passed away in years past.
    That means that we could have 16,000,000,000 people now is sin had not come into the world and if people had as many children as in the past here now.
    Could the world feed and house that many people?
    Some adjustment would had had to be made.
    Peace and klindnmess,
    Fred
    Considering there would have been no need for the Great Flood Arcura, there could easily have been plenty of room for the billions that have been and gone. Remembering that the weight of the waters that sat on the surface of the earth changed the landscape drastically, causing less habitable areas today.
    I found this interesting statement “Amazing as it may seem, the entire population of the world can be housed in the U.S. state of Texas,” reports Vitality magazine. According to the article, the current United Nations estimate of the world’s population is about six billion people, and Texas has a land area of some 262,000 square miles [680,000 sq km]. The amount of living space per person would therefore be more than 1,217 square feet [113 sq m]. “A family of 5 would thus occupy more than 6,085 square feet [565 sq m] of living space. Even in Texas, that’s a mansion,” says Vitality.
    So even factoring in the rest of the population that have passed, there would still be plenty of room and as for food provisions, God has the ability to provide food for all so don't worry about starving. (Psalm 72:16 - “There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth; on the top of the mountains there will be an overflow.”) :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 06:41 AM

I Newton,

2 men are recored to not have died according to the Bible. Enoch, and Elijah. I believe the Bible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Mo and my husband passed away 8 years ago, does he still have his 401k [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Mo and my husband passed away 8 years ago. Does he still have his 401k and can I get it? I have applied for social security for me and the boys. Do I have to wait until I retire or can I access it now?

My grandparents has passed and my mother has passed what am I entitled [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans my grandparents died and my mother passed, what am I entitled to because there are houses and money due to my mother, but I do not know much about Louisiana law as far as inheritance. My aunts and uncles are just sitting on the property because they are fortunate enough, but...

[(sin x cos x)/ (csc x sec x)] = (sin x cos x) [ 1 Answers ]

I need help verifying this problem algebraically: (sin x + cos X)/(csc x + sec x) = sin x cos x

Does sister's live-in boyfriend have squatters rights after her death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father left his house in a trust with me as his sole trustee. I am currently letting my sister live there, rent-free. Her-live-in boyfriend pays most of the utilities. After she dies, will he have any advverse possessions rights(squatter right)? Is there anything I should do to to protect...

Does anyone know this man's name and who he is? [ 6 Answers ]

I am despately trying to find out this man's name. He might be an actor, but not very famous or a model. If anyone knows his name or has seen him in a film or something, please let me know. Thank you.

View more questions Search