Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighSchoolGirly Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2010, 07:37 PM
    Just starting the pill!
    I just got perscribed birth control today by my doctor.. I'm 18, and I'm using it for terrible cramps before and during my period. Also because I'm sexually active.
    Anyway, the problem is that my doctor didn't tell me when I should start taking the pill.
    I read the packet that the pharmacy put in the bag and it said to take it on the first day of my period.
    However, the packet that was in the pill's box said in one part I should start the first day of my period, and in another part said I should talk to my doctor about when a good time to start is..
    Should I really call my doctor and ask? Or should I just take it on the first day of my period.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 08:55 PM

Yeah, call your doctor. If they aren't available you could also ask your pharmacist.

Mar 27, 2010, 07:00 AM

Okay, thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 04:33 PM

And you do know it is not effective from day one, right

Apr 19, 2010, 08:05 PM

Oh yes, I know. I'm not going to have unprotected sex. I just wanted it just in case the condom breaks, so there's a less chance of getting pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When is it safe to have unprotected sex after starting the pill? [ 5 Answers ]

I first started taking alesse 28 about 3 years ago, I was on it for about 2 and a half years and it worked fine, I had unprotected sex but never became pregnant. However, I forget how long I waited after I first started taking the pill before I had unprotected sex. I started taking the pill again...

Starting the pill. [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently started taking the pill, Yasmin28 to be exact, and I was wondering when it is safe to have my boyfriend go inside of me without the risk of getting pregnant. (I started it on Sunday March 2nd).

Starting Pill early [ 1 Answers ]

Hellos :) I am starting the pill for the first time. I know I'm supposed to wait for the first day of my next period before taking the first pill but I am really impatient and was wondering what would happen if I were to take the first pill before my period starts. *if I do start taking...

View more questions Search