Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyrhnea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Kentucky laws concerning land contracts
    Here's a good one, signed a contract with a man who has now decided and been approved to change mobile home park to rv/park, however he has yet to give us any details as to his intent, our contract says that we cannot move the mobile home until paid in full and we have to request the title by written notice 10 days before out intent to pay the mobile home off to secure the title... Everyone around has told us that he says w have until April 1 to move out, again how do we do anything other than wait for him.Can someone advise me who to contact about getting our monies back that we have invested in this property...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2010, 03:10 PM

1. first it is not "your" mobile home, it is the sellers mobile home because you merely have a contract for the title to it.

2. The land that the mobile home is on, is it rented, or leased, and in whose name is the rent ( or lease)

They can not merely make you move the mobile home without legal notice, what some neighbor says means nothing, what paper work from the owner of the park have you been served with or given ?

Even then they would have to evict you to remove you from the land, and all of this would have to go though the courts.

1. go and talk to the owner of the park, about the status of the change over, possible your home may be able to stay, and again what type of rental agreement

3. it sounds like the owner of the park is also the owner of the trailer, so he will have to help pay the moving costs (if not all of them, if he forces the move, * again since he owns the park

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land contracts [ 2 Answers ]

Sell a house in Michigan on land contract when you still have mortgage

Land Contracts [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently in a land contract that I can't seem to get out of despite my credit score and income. Because of the loan to value, banks won't bite, what can I do about this?

Land Contracts [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to sell my house for six months now. My realtor's agreement is about to expire, so I thought of listing the property myself as I can sell it for less without the realtor fee. I was considering to advertise it with a land contract to attract more prospective buyers. I...

View more questions Search