Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lighterskin Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2010, 06:43 PM
    Derms that prescribe mequinol!
    Hey ladies. First off I just want to say that there is no best bleaching cream, I have used many and I got side effects from many, to those who are interested in knowing what I have used you can check my other posts. I have posted a review on the lightening creams I have used. Guys I'm planning on going to the states (im from canada) to see an ethnic dermatologist but thing is I don't know who to go to :( does anyone know of a good dermatologist that will help me with skin lightening. I have called in many offices but I was not allowed to speak to the doctors themselves ugh talking about ''you need to come in for a conseltation.. the dr does not do phone conselts.'' GRRR!! They expect me to fly all the way there just to be told ''oh no we will not prescribe you mequinol'' lol I was wondering if anyone used mequinol I have read most of the threads about it but none really answered my questions =(. I need a strong agent that depigs or at least lightens you 5 shades. Please guys lets help each other out. If anyone knows of a derm that will prescribe mequinol let me know, and do you guys know if 10% mequinol depigs you? And how long it takes to work for the entire body? And how does it even work, like bioclaire works by ripping off layers of your skin but how does mequinol work does it just lower your melanin?
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Mar 25, 2010, 07:13 AM

You want high strength of mequinol for total depigmentation?

Mar 25, 2010, 10:32 AM

Yes I would like high concentrations of mequinol. Do u know anyone in canada or the states that would be willing to prescribe that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2010, 03:26 PM

In the US that is often called "doctor shopping" looking for a doctor to give you a drug you want, regardless if the other doctors do not believe it is the proper medication.

It is in fact illlegal,

Mar 25, 2010, 03:45 PM

OK first of all I have severe and when I say severe I mean severe like if you see my discolouration you would not believe it, I'm sick of it and summer is here and I'm not even able to wear anything because I have to cover up. I need mequinol because it is strong and hydroquinone and other soft products like fair & white did not work the only thing that worked was bioclaire, movate etc. and I had to stop because of the steroids. Guys does anyone know if 10% mequinol depigs and if it is strong enough to depig, I am tired of using products I would rather depig and use tanners and bronzers; it is what celebs like rihanna do anyway. Why is it that they get what they want prescribed and we don't I am willing to spend money no matter how much it costs I am willing to spend whatever it takes so please if anyone knows anything notify me and enlighten me
    god bless u all =)
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Mar 26, 2010, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighterskin View Post
    yes i would like high concentrations of mequinol. Do u know anyone in canada or the states that would be willing to prescribe that?
    The reason I asked you because why would you want to depigment with weaker depigmenting agent like mequinol?
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Mar 26, 2010, 06:13 AM

@lighterskin -

You will never know
    1) if what you hear from people is true unless you try it yourself
    2) if you actually will get vitiligo thanks to it.

Think before you take the leap. Research well

Mar 26, 2010, 07:43 AM

Hey thanks imgorgeous for your concern. I have researched it and read that normal people can use mequinol as it is much safer than mono. Mequinol does not cause white patches it will lighten you drastically and with prolonged use may depig. But I was wondering if 10% depigs; and I know I can't trust everyone's word but girll trust me I used so many products and I'm sick of having to use those cheap steroids there is nothing else, my hyperpigmentation is terrible and I would rather just depig and use tanners.
    n0username Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Mar 28, 2010, 06:16 AM

I used to use mequinol. Or what I thought was mequinol. It did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe you can use some watered down mono?

Mar 30, 2010, 05:14 PM

Loll about watered down mono, seriously I can't look at myself in the mirror annymore, I used to have amazing skin and I fkn ruined it with my 2 hands and my own money so sad! I hate my dark skin I swear eww I can't even use any of the makeup I used to use when I was light I cried when I tried it on today and I looked like I was gray!! I use a much darker tone now :'( this sucks. I think I'm just going to use mequinol but thing is that canadian pharmacy doesn't sell the mix with tret. Its pure mequinol and I'm too scared to mix it myself cause only a pro must do the mix, its not even that I'm scared to be honest its just that I don't want to dilute it too much or anything lol at this point I'm willing to take just about any risk! I live with people and theyr all so light skin and I get so jealous! I miss how my clothes looked against my nice light skin tone :'( :'(
    Life sucks.. when you have severe hyperpigmentation lol

Mar 31, 2010, 01:01 AM

@lighterskin - are you sure you have hyperpigmentation ?

Because if your skin tone is getting darker but is even all around the face and not patchy its called a FARMERS TAN .

And NOT hyperpigmentation. I have a feeling you are using the wrong term to make us understand your situation!

Pure Mequinol will get you darker for a long time . You will be darker for at least a year before you start looking lighter.

Don't know what Gold Pharma uses that people are getting quick lightening with their Mequinol . No one using pure mequinol got lighter in the beginning .

No one over the years.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 07:43 AM

Okay, giving the standard warning here:

NO CHAT SPEAK!

The word is "you", not "u". It's "your" or "you're", not "ur".

Type in proper English, or I will delete your posts.
    n0username Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2010, 04:47 PM

If you are dark, I wouldn't say to use mono. Mono is a drastic step and unless you want to go all the way you should not start it. If you were light, then I would say, OK, go for it, because the white patches don't look too bad on a light person, but since you are dark, try something else.

Apr 8, 2010, 03:00 PM
    imgorgeous I do have hyperpigmentation, I have used creams to get lighter but now I stopped because the products caused severe side effects. So now I want to use mequinol to be light again, it is not a tan, I'm lighter in some places still but overall I have gotten so much darker. Mequinol does not make you darker for a year its only temporarily till the outer layer peels off. Anyway I'm going to order it and I will let you all know about the progress =)

Apr 8, 2010, 11:38 PM

@ lighterskin - then that's cool :) all the best.. Keep us posted on your lightening through mequinol!

Apr 8, 2010, 11:40 PM

will do x). I have put in an order and I'm awaiting its arrival I have to mix it myself with tretinoin though :(. I think I should be fine.

Apr 8, 2010, 11:47 PM

Btw guys I got an infraction for trying to sell my left over hq.. when someone asked for it..

Ill keep in mind that I can't do that on a skin forum else people start thinking I'm a seller.

Seriously ridiculous. But I will still try and keep in mind !

Apr 8, 2010, 11:48 PM

Lighterskin - where do you get your mequinol from ?

Apr 8, 2010, 11:49 PM

I'm getting it from a pharmacy called goldpharma. Its pure mequinol though :(

Apr 8, 2010, 11:54 PM

@ lighterskin - lol...

Gold pharma ? OK.. congrats... with their prices and the quantity, I'm sure I could lighten my eyebrows to white one tube at a time. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of doctor can prescribe adipex [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a doctor that will prescribe the prescription adipex. I need to know what the doctor specialize in. In order to find a doctor I need to know the field that such a doctor practice.

I bleed when brushing what can I do to cure it.can you prescribe a tooth paste and [ 4 Answers ]

I bleeding when brushing, and how can I cure this symptoms.can u prescribe a tooth paste and mouthwash that will be suitable

Tell me about mequinol [ 1 Answers ]

Is Mequinol a permanent depigger like monobenzone, where it kills melanocytes or does is it just non-permanent?

View more questions Search