Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loulaz Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2010, 10:19 AM
    I really need your help, DOES HE LIKE ME ?
    He is a flirtatious person who really flirts a lot , most of his friends are girls , but he is kind of different with me . For example , he talks with everybody fluently especially (GIRLS ) but when he comes to me I find out that he can't even suit the right words together , sometimes I catch him peeking at me , I don't know why I'm just feeling comfortable when I'm with him , and this really hurts cause I'm not sure if he likes me or not we are at the same college but we don't talk on the phone or the email , I know it's a little bit complicated but I really think that I'm falling in love with him . Tell me your advice frankly and don't be afraid to hurt me cause I NEED to know the truth
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 23, 2010, 10:22 AM

You're both in college for heavens sake. Aren't you old enough to just tell each other if there are feelings there?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 10:23 AM

Its impossible to say-as he is the only one who can answer that question.

Why don't you ask him?

Mar 23, 2010, 10:25 AM

Its really hard, I'm just to shy to do this, and I'm afraid to lose him
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 10:36 AM

Unless you ask him you will never know-so you have nothing to lose by asking.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 10:48 AM

amicon is right - the only way you can find out is for you to talk to him.

What do you really have to lose?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 10:56 AM

You're to shy to talk, and he can't. Wow, what a couple. Bet you haven't known each other to long either. You will learn to not be so shy, and he will learn to express himself, If you practice, both in person, over the phone, texts, and emails.

Its called learning to communicate with each other.

Mar 23, 2010, 11:50 AM

@ DEVORAMIERA, at least I have him as a friend and I'm really too shy to ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 11:55 AM

Just find ways to spend time with him -- invite him to play Scrabble or put together a jigsaw puzzle or go for a walk in the spring sunshine. If the two of you are DOING something together instead of just standing and staring at each other, conversation will be about the thing you are doing. Then conversation will trickle over into other subjects like home and pets and favorite foods and hated foods and learning to drive and stuff you might have in common.

Mar 23, 2010, 11:57 AM

@talaniman, YES you are right what a couple , but the problem is that I don't understand him , sometimes he seems to like me and sometimes not . Really I need to have more control I can't help falling in love with him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 12:04 PM

but the problem is that I don't understand him
    Knowing someone will help you understand him. Its not about control, but overcoming your shyness and honestly expressing yourself.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 07:43 AM
    While it is impossible to guess if he likes you for sure, I'd say go with your instict that he does, and extend something positive his way. See if you can't find him on Facebook, or muster up the courage to take a chance and say, "Hey, you feel like going for coffee after class tomorrow?", and that gives him an opportunity to respond without immediate pressure. Then if he says yes, give him your email address, and that also gives him time to back out if he wants to without either of you getting hurt. It's only a coffee date.

Sometimes guys are flirty and joke around a lot, but that could mask insecurity, or it is a front he puts on that he's comfortable with. He could be just unable to make that move because of it.

At some point, you're going to have to just make a move if you're interested, and be prepared for it to possibly not go the way you wanted. But, if you don't try, you will never know.

Mar 26, 2010, 07:53 AM

Thank u jake, this is really useful

Jun 5, 2010, 05:49 PM
    I don't know wt to do because I will never be with you
    The beginning was when I went to university , we started looking at each other as I caught him while peeking sometimes but we didn't actually talk ,but it seems like we do like each other , I was really happy that the guy I like feels the same , and here it comes the big one I knew that he is in deep relationship since 2006 and they're deeply in love! So I pulled myself away and I started avoiding the places he sits at . Even I started to treat him rudely , but in fact , I really love him I see in him everything I was dreaming about! :( HE IS MY ANOTHER HALF.. I can't stop wanting him even that I know he is with another one.. what I started to notice this days that he is not sitting with his girl but I don't know if he left her or not , but wts confusing me that she is puttin their photo together as her profile pic. On Facebook . I REALLY LOVE HIM AND I Don't KNOW WHAT TO DO! I'm feeling bad about that what should I do? I really need to know why did he look me back?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 08:48 PM
    Hi, loulaz!

Have you ever spent any time conversing with or doing things with the guy at all?

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2010, 03:57 AM

Unfortuntely.. NOO
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2010, 04:01 AM

First of all,if he is in a relationship he is off limits.

If you can find out if he is single and if so try and talk to him,he may not be the hot shot of your fantasies after all,but there is only one way to find out,and that's talk to him.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jun 6, 2010, 04:07 AM

I agree with Redhed, if he is in a relationship, yes, then he is off limits. If you find out, he is single, when then you might have a chance. Just by looking at someone doesn't mean it's love.

Jun 6, 2010, 05:27 AM

Yes you are right he is off limts but I can't take him out of my head , everything he does attract me every single thing in his personality I adore it, I really see that he is the one I need and what encourages me to feel this is that I see that he is cold with his girl , I mean they're not like they used to be at first..
    Barry1981 Posts: 33, Reputation: 21

Jun 7, 2010, 06:13 AM

I would try finding out if he is single, perhaps via a mutual friend?

This sounds to me like a crush based solely on physical attraction, seeing as you have never spoken to him. Love comes later on, so just play it cool IF he does turn out to be single.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search