Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hibou Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Mar 20, 2010, 06:16 AM
    System Restore in Safe Mode
    My lap top is Acer Aspire with XP Prof.
    After finding that some programmes suddenly 'froze' after start up and, unable to activate internet or system restore in normal mode,I finally resorted to rebooting in safe mode and doing a system restore to 18thMarch i.e. the day previous to the commencement of the problem.
    Fortunately this immediately solved the problem.
    However I now find that each start up is similar to the start up after the system restore with the popup showing
    'Your computer has been restored to( 18th March, time)... etc.etc.
    Click OK
    How can I correct this?

Mar 21, 2010, 04:05 AM

Problem now resolved (apparently after running a couple of system clean up and repair tools).
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 10:39 AM

Sometimes creating a restore point will solve it. Some of your clean up tools may have already done that automatically.

Mar 27, 2010, 12:39 PM
    Will keep this in mind for the future.Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System restore won't restore [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to restore to earlier point, each time I try it goes through motions then say canot restore.:confused:

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer is in safe mode. Do I need to keep it there? I have plenty of virus, auto updates, etc. programmed to run and keep it safe. If I need to change the setting of safe mode, please tell me how.

System restore - unable to restore [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to use the system restore. It keeps coming back cannot be restored. I have created a date and then tried to restore and still says it is unable to restore. Any suggestions?

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using ME 2000 and cannot get out of safe mode, even after selecting normal during the start up. How can disable the start up mode and return to normal?

View more questions Search