Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkvas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 07:40 AM
    The light in my ceiling fan won't shut off after I replaced a bulb that blew.
    I turned on the light of my Homestead ceiling fan and the bulb blew and also tripped the breaker. I reset the breaker and replaced the bulb. The bulb lit but now it won't shut off. I replaced the battery in the remote just to see if that would make a difference. What should I try or look to do?
    denman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2010, 03:40 PM

Don't know as much as some others here, but I'd look at the pull chain switch. That's an easy fix , if that ends up being the problem.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 11:18 PM

Does it have pullchains?

Sounds like the receiver is fried.

There are no longer parts available for most Homestead fans.

Homestead Ceiling Fans - Reviews and ceiling fans on sale at Ceiling Fan Brands
    tkvas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 05:16 AM
    The ceiling fan does not have a pull chain. Strickly remote.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 09:42 AM

Yep, you're screwed. Too bad, as Homestead fans are very good quality.

You can check with Casablanca Fan Repair CeilingFanParts.com Home or www.efanparts.com to see if they have a new receiver that will work with your fan.

If not, time to buy a new fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan doesn't work after lights on light kit blew [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan and light kit installed with a remote. I have installed many fans and have actually installed this particular model over 10 times. My fan and light and remote were working fine for approximately 5 months. Last week I came into the room one morning, turned on the light...

Replaced ceiling fan light fixture, now fan won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old ceiling fan. It was in the house when I bought it so I have no info on it. There are no tags or model #s on it. It is controlled by 2 separate wall mounted switches. One light dimmer and one fan speed controller. I wanted to update the light fixture on it so I removed it. Wiring...

Hampton Ceiling Fan Light Bulb [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a Hampton Bay light kit for a Hampton Bay celing fan and it calls for a JDE1175 Halogen Bulb which I cannot seem to find anywhere. Any help?

Light Bulb Blew then Fan stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

Just as I said. One of the light bulbs blew in my over head ceiling fan, there are four bulbs only one of which was set to be on at the time, then the fan stopped workling. Now nothing works. Help! :(

Ceiling fan light bulb [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 4 light ceiling fan in which one light constantly burns out. When a new bulb is replace it burns out repeatedly. What might cause this constant burn out?

View more questions Search