Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2010, 05:35 PM
    A ? About my sister in law
    My sister in law is in her 20's and about 36weeks pregnant and she been having blood problems they said something is wrong with her immune system and today they told her she has lupus what can this do to her and her baby and what can happen even after she has the baby thanks for the help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 09:28 PM
    I would like to help you, however, Lupus is an autoimmune disorder and her best information should come from her doctor.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 11:06 PM

Here is an article from John's Hopkins: Pregnancy in Lupus Patients - An article from Johns Hopkins Medicine

You should have been able to find it.

Here is some info from the Merck Manual, Home edition.

Search Results: Merck Manual Home Edition
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 12:44 AM
    Those articles are good ones to read. However, it would be in your sister's best interest to speak to her doctor regarding her condition and treatment.

Mar 18, 2010, 05:59 AM

OK thanks I know we should just wait it just really worried me and my husband but she goes back in a couple days thanks
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Yeah, Lupus is nothing you should learn from websites. This is something that she is going to have to learn in depth about. While the websites above are informative, there are risks involved with having Lupus and NOT being pregnant. Medications will differ from person to person.

Is she seeing a high risk OB? If not, I'd recommend it.

Mar 18, 2010, 05:45 PM

They just moved her to high risk I just have one ? The blood doc she went to said he will talk to her doc and have them induce but her doc said nothing about it do you think this is something they will do?? Orjust let her go all the way I mean she goes to the doc in a week but she is very scared
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 05:49 PM
    Since she's 36 weeks pregnant it's probably a good idea to induce with this condition. She will be 37 weeks when she sees her doctor, then by the time they get it scheduled she'll most likely be 38 weeks.

I know the doc I work for would induce under these conditions.

Mar 19, 2010, 10:04 AM

OK thanks j-9

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister-in-law [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have been married now for 11 months to wonderful husband (at times) I like to have fun, joke around etc.. However a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, my sister in law said they would being going out for dinner instead of cooking, (she and her husband lives with my mother-in-law). I...

My ex sister-in-law [ 1 Answers ]

I'll need all the help I can get with this one. My parents wanted to buy a house and because of credit reasons, in trust they had my brother buy the house. My brother turned around and also put his wife's name on title. For many years we were trying to get her to sign the title over to no...

Sister-in-law hates me [ 34 Answers ]

My boyfriend (21 yrs old) and I (19 yrs old) have been together for 3 years now. We aren't married, but his brother (28 yrs old) will be getting married in April of this year. His and fiancé (31 yrs old) have been together for a year and a half and they have decided to get married, which is...

Lazy sister in law [ 11 Answers ]

If you had a brother who means the world to you and he is married to a lazy slob of a women who is also a career women, You watch as your brother cleans the house, Takes care of the kids and when both he and his wife come home from work, He is the one at the stove getting dinner. This is burning a...

Missing sister in law [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all! I have just joined this site! I am looking for help, in trying to contact my sister in law. When my mother in law passed away last year we lost contact with my sister in law. Some things where said on phone about others, hurtful textes where sent etc... Sorry always was sent a few...

View more questions Search