Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
    High blood pressure and pregnancy?
    I went to the doc today and they told me I had high blood pressure and they are doing blood and urine test to see how bad it is today it was 131/69and last appt it was 135/79 but what will they do if the uirine test says my high blood pressure is bad and what happens if it already messed with my kindneys I'm so nervous I do have trouble urinanting sometimes but not all the time what will they do I am only 9 weeks? :(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 01:58 PM

BabyCenter Canada › Pregnancy › Pregnancy complications

I couldn't help but notice your post because I am in heathcare. We do have excellent experts to address this. I am hoping J_9 who is an RN working in neonatal care will address your concerns. This isn't my expertise but looked up the above website which addresses you rissue with high blood pressure and please don't worry about this. Your pregnant body will produce more blood to augment the baby inside you and this puts stress on your kidneys because YOUR kidneys have to filter all the blood for both you. This is why your blood pressure has to be closely monitored and is not unusual.

Your own doctor is your own source for concerns and you should be in touch with him/her at your regular check up.

Stormey, we have really good people here to help you. Please keep on monitoring your post on AMHD.

Ms tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
    It's called PIH or Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. Most likely they will keep an eye on it for now. Your systolic (top number) is a bit high, but the diastolic (bottom number) is in a good range.

Your doctor is probably going to watch you rather closely and if the pressures don't go down he/she may put you on an antihypertensive medication. One of the good ones is Procardia.

Most likely you haven't damaged your kidneys yet. It takes quite a long time having unmanaged hypertension before any kidney damage is done.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2010, 05:25 PM

OK thanks yea they said to come back in 4 weeks and then after that prob every week or two weeks depends on how I'm doing and they said they will get a lot of ultrasounds of the baby so that's good thanks keep you posted

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High blood pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I am 35 I never had trouble with high pressuer until I had a blood transfusion 3years ago could this be part of my high blood pressure

High Blood Pressure [ 7 Answers ]

Hello My boyfriend has high blood pressure and is very tired all the time. Is this normal?

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

High Blood Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a senior citizen, was told in the past month I have High Blood pressure my medication Lisinopril 20mg 2 daily Toprol XL 50mg 1 daily ? My pulse rate has come down quite a bit, my Blood pressure has come down a little In my limited knowledge, I thought when the heart didn't pump...

High blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Can the use of testerone and hgh cause high blood pressure?

View more questions Search