Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dobiefloyd Posts: 67, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Fuel oil furnace shuts down
    I have an old fuel oil furnace that will shut down after running for a bit. If you set the t-stat to say 75 and let it satisfy it the furnace will not come back on. If you turn the stat down before it reaches 75 it will start again on its own. The furnace power would need to be turned off to reset the furnace but now you need to hit the reset button to get it to resume operation. What does the reset switch accually reset. Is the a limit swith on this furnace. I know how to fix gas fired furnaces but have not worked on fuel oil. 75 is just the number I used, it will happen with any setting on the stat.

Check out some similar questions!

My oil furnace is continuing to fire even after the blower fan shuts down [ 4 Answers ]

When I turn my thermostat on, my oil-fired burner turns on, and the blower fan keeps cycling on and off. On for 5 minutes, off for about 30 seconds, on for another five minutes and so on. Meanwhile, because the building thermostat temperature still hasn't been reached, the furnace remains on, even...

Fuel oil furnace will not come on. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an oil furnace.I cannot get it to come on.I checked both the feed line and return line and found no resistance when I blew into them.I am not getting any fuel to the pump.When I push the reset button on the unit, it will run 5 to 10 sec. and shut off.There is fuel in the tank and the...

Venting fuel oil furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a high efficiency fuel oil furnace. I have been having problems with condensation in the chimney which is causing water to leak through my ceiling around the chimney. I tried pitting a metal flue liner in but it would not fit because the chimney narrows at one point to the size of a...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.