Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    audjhar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 01:57 AM
    How can I get my daughter legitimized?
    My daughter is in foster care and have been there for nine months. I have requested for relative placement and the DHR have not responded to my request. I have family who would love to take her until her mother complete her case plan. I am not legitimized and I need help with this process but I have limited income right now. What can I do .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2010, 05:18 AM

Are you listed on the birth certificate? If not, then you need to go to Family Court and have yourself declared the legal father. You can try a local law school, they often have clinics to help those who can't afford it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 02:55 PM

Also if your not the legal father there is no reason for them to listen to you because you have no claim in all of the mess. Why can't you take the child yourself instead of a family member?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I need to kick out my daughter, her daughter and her boyfriend. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old only child living at home with her baby and her boyfriend. She doesn't do anything I ask and has a lame excuse on why she can't. She doesn't take care of her daughter. She doesn't clean up after herself or her baby. My house looks like a daycare. They don't pay rent. I'm done...

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Another man legitimized my son [ 3 Answers ]

When my son was born me and his mother was not married, I filled out the paternity form at the hospital. A year later we broke up and she married another man and allowed him to legitimize my son by saying he was his biological father . She knew he was not. I looked for him for years and only...

Legitimized Father Seeks answers [ 7 Answers ]

1. I have signed the birth certificate. 2. Basically raised the child since birth who is almost 3yrs old without the mother. 3. Gotten legitimized. 4. I do not however pay child support but I do take care of my child who is and always has been with me. 5. A paternity test has never been done. ...

Will I ever have a daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and have two beautiful boys. Myself 22/12/1980 and my partner 17/05/1974 are planning our third child. Can you tell me when I will conceive and if we will be blessed with another boy or a girl?

View more questions Search