Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mscarpa1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 06:19 AM
    How do I replace a light bulb in a maytag refrigerator
    I have a Maytag refrigerator with a light out. I have turned off the power and removed the light guard. The manual says to now "simply" replace the bulb -- but, I can't get the light bulb out. Does it screw in?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 08:00 AM

Yes, it screws in. Put on a glove in case it breaks when taking out.

Chuck
    mscarpa1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by creahands View Post
    Yes, it screws in. Put on a glove in case it breaks when taking out.

Chuck
    So, just keep twisting until it breaks?:eek:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 09:28 AM

The standard appliance bulb is a "rough service", "appliance bulb" which has a smaller bulb size. A very light light coating (film) of vasalene will prevent such issues that you are having.

Bases, unfortunately get stuck and removal can be very difficult. A pair of blunt nosed pliers and/or pointy vise grips pliers may need to be used.

Try to rock the bulb. A little left, a little right and side to side. If the bulb breaks, it breaks, but make sure you have the tools to deal with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator light bulb guards [ 2 Answers ]

How do the plastic light bulb guards come off in the Maytag Plus refrigerator, model # MTB1956FEQ? Both of my light bulbs are burned out and I'd like to replace them, however I'm unable to get the plastic light bulb guard off. Thanks for the help.

How to change light bulb on Maytag MTF1955grq Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Need to change bulbs but can't remove plasic guard thing.

Remove Maytag refrigerator light bulb guard [ 1 Answers ]

How does one remove the light bulb guard on a Maytag MTB2156DEW refrigerator? I think several models have the same light guard. Thanks very much.

Maytag refrigerator light bulb will not work [ 1 Answers ]

Maytag refrigertor light bulbs will work. I replaced both of them and am not sure what the problem might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help

Maytag Refrigerator Light Bulb Not Attached [ 1 Answers ]

The bulb in my Maytag refrigerator, model # MTB1956BEW is not attached to the inside of the refrigerator by the electrical clip. Somehow it has detached and I have no idea how to re-attach it. There seems to be no way to get insided of this refrigerator. Can you help?

View more questions Search