Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slickvic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Bonding neutral in a transformer
    If you bond your neutral in a transformerdo have to bond your neutral in a panel.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 06:05 PM
    No, either at the panel or at the transformer. Typically it is done at the transformer, along with the grounding electrode conductor that connects to building steel or any other approved grounding electrode.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neutral And Ground Bonding [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing my oven. Service at the main breaker's bus bar has neutral and ground in the same bus bar. Since the wire to the old oven is Aluminum, I will run Aluminum wire to a sub panel and use copper wire from the breaker to the oven. Do I bond the neutral bar to the sub box? I don't...

Bonding the neutral bar [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 200amp main panel in my basement. I want to put a 100amp subpanel in my garage to service 2- 2pole 20amp circuits for 2 a/c condensers and 2- single pole 20a convenience circuits for the garage. My questions are 1 what size feeder wire would I need for the subpanel. (THHN in conduit) and...

Where is the neutral bonding on my generator [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a milwaukee 4960-24 generator and need to remove the neutral bonding wire,any suggestions

Generator neutral ground bonding [ 6 Answers ]

I have a EU2000i generator for my 5th wheel. The trailer system is not bonded and the gen set is not bonded. I was told to make a short extension cord and bond the male plug so that the electrical will work properly. I would like to know if this will work safely.

Bonding of the neutral and ground [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a subpanel coming from a main distro panel with my local power source being a Y connected generator. How many places/panels should the grounded and grounding conductors be bonded? I believe it is the first means of disconnect which is my MDP. All subpanels from that point on...

View more questions Search