Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2010, 04:32 PM
    Ceiling fan lights gone wild
    Put a hampton bay fan up for brother about a year ago . In the last month when the lights are turned on they strobe. Now, they won't come on at all. Any thoughts? Any help will be appreciated. D.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 10:45 PM

Is it a remote fan?

Mar 13, 2010, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair View Post
    Is it a remote fan?
    Sorry it took so long to respond. No, I just put the fan where a light existed. They keep the light pull chain "on" constantly and change fan speed with its chain. Only other thing different is that it is an older house so there is no ground. Not sure that would matter since it worked normal for a year. Thanks D.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 11:57 PM

What sort of wall control are you using? What bulbs? Make and model of fan?

More info is helpful.

Mar 18, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Thanks for responding,
    I went back over to bro's house. It is a Hunter not a harbor breeze. I called hunter and they sent me a new light housing with all the guts.
    Everythongs OK. Thanks again for your time. D.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 11:15 PM

Hunter has good customer service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan - fan works but not lights [ 2 Answers ]

Our Harbor Breeze ceiling fan/lights have been working for eight years. Tonight, we tried to turn on the lights but, they didn't work... tried the fan and it works fine. It's a 5 blade, 4 lights, with pull chains that also work off a light switch. I checked/changed the bulbs but, it still didn't...

Ceiling Fan w/Remote lights work, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan about 1 1/2 yrs ago, was working fine, it has lighting in the motor housing and lower lights, this fan has pull strings and a remote all were working fine. Replace the battery in the remote. The remote will not operate any part of the fan, the pull strings for the lights...

Hamilton Bay Ceiling fan: fan works, lights do not [ 2 Answers ]

Fan has two pull chains (fan & lights) and a toggle switch along bottom circumference. Fan works but lights do not, regardless of pull chain and toggle switch positions. Everything used to work (2-3 tears old). Light bulb is good.

Installed Ceiling Fan: Fan Works/Lights Quit Working [ 3 Answers ]

I successfully installed a Hampton ceiling fan about three maybe four years ago and it has worked just fine up until about 4 months ago when the lights would start going off and then sometimes come back on intermittently. Suspecting a loose connection, I removed the light housing and found that...

View more questions Search