Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Russaitaliana03 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Suing employer for slander
    I am the food manager at my current job and the general store manager threatened my employee with her job to sign a document stating that the store assistant manager and I are having an affair. She threatens me with this evidence everyday. Now my employee also told me she is trying to find out where I live so she can follow me around to see where I go and if I'm seeing the assistant manager. She discusses this with my employees and bad mouths me to everyone telling them that I am having an affair with the store assistant manager. She also wrote me up for talking about it to the vendors etc when I don't talk to anyone. Is there anything I can do? I am threatened with this and my job everyday and that's not right.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Russaitaliana03 View Post
    I am threatened with this and my job everyday and that's not right.
    Hello R:

No, it's not right. But, there's nothing you can do about it except quit.

excon

Mar 9, 2010, 12:58 PM

But isn't this illegal? She's going around telling all the employees this and threatening to fire me and her because of this. She also told my employee that the reason the store assistant manager makes a high salary is because she's having an affair with me.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Hello again, R:

Yes, it's illegal. However, you have to show monetary damages from her lies, and so far you have none. If you're fired and you can't get another job, that's a different story.

excon

Mar 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Employment slander
    But isn't this illegal? She's going around telling all the employees this and threatening to fire me and her because of this. She also told my employee that the reason the store assistant manager makes a high salary is because she's having an affair with me.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 01:02 PM

Please keep all responses to original post to avoid confusion, thanks.

Mar 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Employment slander
    Hmmmm. I'm 54 years old because of her I'm forced to break down to assistant manager and transfer out. She's completely ruined my reputation with this company where I can't transfer as a food manager. If I get a lawyer and have the assistant manager and this employee as my proof is there anything they will be able to do?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 01:05 PM

Couldn't OP sue for Workplace Harassment?

Mar 9, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Employment slander
    She harasses me everyday saying she has proof and I'm not going to be working here much longer. She watches the camera constantly to see if I slip and make a move at work. She won't let me do my job she's constantly on my back threatening me. It is workplace harassment.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Hello again, R:

Please keep your responses on the same thread and don't start new ones. Like I said before, if you have NO damages, you won't prevail in a lawsuit. Now, if you hired a lawyer to threaten to sue them in a real mean official looking letter, that might work.

excon

Mar 9, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Employment slander
    She harasses me everyday saying she has proof and I'm not going to be working here much longer. She watches the camera constantly to see if I slip and make a move at work. She won't let me do my job she's constantly on my back threatening me. It is workplace harassment. Is there anything I can do? I can't go to her boss who is the district manager because he says whatever she tells him he believes. They have a fling together I caught them at a meeting we had in orlando a few weeks ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer slander [ 2 Answers ]

I am a full time college student, holding down two part-time jobs in the state of Georgia. One employer (owner of a small business) yelled at me and accused me of stealing and said she had it on video. She called the police and after the police came and reviewed the video tape. They told her, there...

Suing Former Employer [ 2 Answers ]

I was a server at a restaurant in New Jersey for approximately 6 months. During that time, the restaurant operated as a pool house. Included in the tip pool were servers, runners, bussers, bartenders, dishwashers and managers. I have also worked in restaurants in NY and Conn, where labor laws...

Employer Slander in MD [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently working for an optical chain as an optometrist. In the first few months of working for the company I decided, this wasn't the best mode of practice for me and decided to leave; or so I thought. I have applied to several different optical chains. In one case, I interviewed and a job...

Suing Children for Slander [ 4 Answers ]

A restraining order against "Sam" was attempted by the plaintiff; when it became clear that the judge intended to deny the plaintiff's request, in desperation, the plaintiff claimed that his under-aged daughter claimed that she had been sexually abused by a former friend of the family (who, by the...

Suing an Employee for Slander [ 3 Answers ]

As mentioned in my other post here; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/corporate-law/wrongful-termination-44665.html Is it possible to sue a employee (not the company who employes her) for slander, and defamation of character? As a result, both myself and my son have lost decent paying jobs, and...

View more questions Search