Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngmummy19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 09:23 PM
    Black to blonde hair dye but turned orange
    I was a natural blonde and have dyed my hair a million times different colours all the time. I wanted to go back blonde doing it myself and with a girlfriend helping me. We used a stripper to get all the old colours out and it went a nice brown. I put a blonde hair dye in it and it went dark brown. Seriously don't know how that works but anyway then I used a extreme blonding kit and it has bleached my scalp blonde but the rest of my hair like a tiger's mane with orange brown copper and very yuck colours but that's just at the top of my hair and the rest of it is still brown. Should I use a toner then bleach and see how it goes. And please don't tell me to go to the salon because I don't have the money to and won't go there.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Mar 6, 2010, 10:42 PM

It sounds like the bleach wasn't left in long enough. To get from brown to blonde you have to pass through red. Which would be giving you the orange. You really should go to a salon or go to Sally Beauty supply and ask if they can help you, as all the associates there are also hair dressers. To be on the safe side, if I was you, I wouldn't do all that drastic stuff to your hair. You could fry it to the point of breaking off and not having any at all.

Good luck on this!
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 9, 2010, 09:20 AM

Ok, don't do anything else to you hair. You need to go to a salon to fix this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleached black hair blonde--now orange--now what? [ 38 Answers ]

Hello all, I just used Clairol's Born Blonde Maxi lightener. I DID do a strand test and after the maximum time (I went 95 mins), my hair is blonde from the roots to about 3 inches down, and the rest is orange (looks like an orangatangue's fur! ) I've searched some sites and see some conflicting...

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Brown hair dye has turned my hair black :o( [ 2 Answers ]

My hairdresser had dyed my hair several months back a warm reddish brown and meshed pink streaks in at the same time. I was getting tired of having to weekly redo the pik streaks so bought wella xxl in bitter sweet chocolate (permenant) I left it on 20mins (10mins less than it said) but my hair...

Brown Hair Dye Turned Black [ 4 Answers ]

I Dyed My Teenage Daughters Hair Last Night. It Was Supposed To Be Dark Brown. Some Is Dark Brown, But Most Of It Looks Black. What Can I Do To Lighten It. She Left For School In Tears This Morning. She Thinks It Looks Gothic. Please Help.

Natural blonde. Dyed it black. Tried 2 go back blonde. Turned orange. HELP?! [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural blonde. About a month ago I dyed it and was hoping for a dark brown, but it turned black. Today I decided I wanted to go back blonde. After I colored it... to me is looks orange/red. It did try to go blonde in some spots though. However my mother thinks it looks like a strawberry...

View more questions Search