Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snehareddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 07:39 AM
    What happens to the children if custodial parent took off after divorce
    Non custodial parent,non us citizen(father) lives in india.Custodial parent of two minor children(twins 1 boy and 1 girl 8 years old) is us citizen.Divorce papers set no requirements or terms for visitation,child support etc.There has been no contact between non custodial parent and children.Their parent's got divorced when they were 4 years old.Their mother never allowed to meet their father because he betrayed her and he had an illegal child.Now the custodial parent got married and she has a 2 year old daughter,but she took off and the will of children's was given to children's step dad. Non custodial parent got to know about this ,can he claim for his right and get back the children's custody.What if the court is ready to give the custody to the natural dad and the children doesn't want to be with him?
    hlindsay0420 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 11:09 AM
    That depends, but I do believe that he has this right since they are his children and not theirs, but at the same time if they are young and this father has had them for many years it might be tough, also paternity must be established, i.e. non-custodil father must prove he is the rightful dad. Good luck!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 11:37 AM

Were the two children legally adopted by the stepfather?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 02:50 PM

My colleague, "this8384," has asked the pivotal question - were they adopted? If so the birth father is NOT their father.

The advice about proving that the father is the natural father is also incorrect. He is ASSUMED to be the natural father until someone proves otherwise.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 03:33 PM

If he is still legally their father, I would imagine that he would be granted custody of HIS children.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devorameira View Post
    If he is still legally their father, I would imagine that he would be granted custody of HIS children.

I realize this is sort of a guess on your part but this is not totally correct. Anything could happen in this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial parent gave child to Non Custodial Parent now wants him back? [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands ex called us back in October and said that she could no longer handle their son (he is 7) and she was afraid she would "snap" one day and hurt him so we moved him in with us. My step son calls his mom on a daily basis he is doing better in school, and as a family have started...

If the non custodial parent moves away from the custidial parent , who is responsible [ 1 Answers ]

If in Florida the non custodial parent moves to another town still in state , who is responsible to transport the children for his visitation??

Custodial parent moves out of state without consent from the non custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

What actions can a non custodial parent take if the 2 parents have court ordered Joint Custody, and the Custodial parent moves out of state without permission? This happened to my brother, he went to pick up his son for his weekend visitation and to his surprise, the mother had completely moved out...

Rights of non custodial parent in a divorce wherein death occurred to custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

Non custodial non US citizen parent (father) lives in Mexico. Custodial parent of two minor children (5 years old and 1 year old) is US citizen in Illinois. Divorce papers named father but set forth no requirements or terms for visitation, child support etc. There has been little if any contact...

View more questions Search