Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrdowdell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Vacate a judgment in Georgia
    What time frame do I have to file a motion to vacate a decision for disspossery when all monies were paid prior to court date. The apartment personnel indicated that if payment was received prior to date, 'they' would 'cancel' the order. I am attempting to have it removed from my credit report; currently it shows as Paid or Satisfied with either agencies.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdowdell View Post
    The apartment personnel indicated that if payment was received prior to date, 'they' would 'cancel' the order.
    Hello l:

The judgment was issued by the court. The plaintiff cannot "cancel" it.

excon

Mar 4, 2010, 11:17 AM

Yes, clearly realized that. However, what I would like to know is the number of days that I have to file a motion to vacate in the state of Georgia. Is it 30 days, 60 days,. given good cause to vacate the decision. Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 11:26 AM

Hello again, l:

I really don't know. You probably have only 10 days in which to appeal. If lack of service is the grounds, you'd have longer... However, I don't see your good cause. Clearly you owed the money. I don't see any judicial error. Short of that, I see NO reason why the judgment would be reversed or vacated. The plaintiff changing his mind isn't grounds.

excon

Mar 4, 2010, 11:35 AM

OK. Thanks for your answers. Have a good day...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion to vacate judgements in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement that is being renewed against me for a debt that belonged to my now ex-husband. The loan check was written to him but I am being held responsible for it because I worked for the lady at the time of the loan. Can I file a motion to vacate before she garnishes my wages or freezes...

Vacate a judgment [ 13 Answers ]

Can I vacate a judgment that was originally my father but after doing the succession it became mine. The judgment is for 26000.00 for a 1997 Aerostar van that my father was buying. The van was given back in 2001. The creditor supposively had a judgment on my father in 2003 that I was not aware...

Judgment passed in Georgia/Time frame to vacate [ 2 Answers ]

Mann Bracken got a judgment against me in Georgia. Does anyone know the time frame to vacate? Also this company had ignored my validation letter and the judge ruled and said I was not entitled to it. Thought this was unfair , as I was not even given a day in court.

Georgia Notice to Vacate Law [ 6 Answers ]

I moved to Norcross, Georgia at the end of December 2007 and stayed in a hotel until January 2nd, the date my lease began for a 6 month lease I thought I was signing. My lease expires on July 31, 2008 instead of the 1st of the month, like I thought. But that's not my issue. I turned in my notice to...

View more questions Search