Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merdybean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Noise from water lines. (humming)
    We had redone 1 bathroom and had a little noise start up in the lines after completion.
    When the water was turned on it would make like humming noise. Then we redid the second bathroom and the noise happens when we turn on the water anywhere in the house. And it is louder than it has been before.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Hey Merdy, ( Is that really your name?)
    Humming=vibration in the line some place. Vibration=something in the line that's in there vibrating. If I were there the only thing I could do is what I'm going to advise you to do. To stop the vibration you must first locate the source. To do this you depend on sound and feel. Where is it the loudest? What pipe feels like it's vibrating the strongest? The you check out the fixture and faucet that's the closest. Let me know what you find but I can't help until I know what I'm dealing with. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

Air in water lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a on going problem with air in my water lines. When the outside water is turned on either the water comes in bursts or it is steady but with air bubbles. I have a horse farm and the water lines to my paddocks & barns froze and broke last winter (30 below 0 with no snow) so all of them were...

View more questions Search