Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luizap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
    visitation
    Hi, my husband's ex wife moved to a different city, now he could only see his son on Christmas or New Year depending of the year and half of his vacation. This year he got for Christmas and his school brake is on the 18th, but his last day of school is on Friday the 15 now he wants to pick him up on Saturday since is a 5 hours drive to go and 5 hours to come back, but she doesn’t want him to pick him up on Saturday she wants him to go on Monday since she knows that he works. What my husband should do?
    hlindsay0420 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Unfortunaetly he has to follow the visitation guidelines regardless. If he doesn't take that Monday off, she could turn around and say that he is not abiding by the visitation schedule, and he could be awarded less visitation. He needs to follow the court order, and if the court order says he can pick up his child on Saturday, then he needs to call the police when he gets there if she won't give him to her and file a complaint. She will then be in contempt of the court.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 02:48 PM

What does the Court Order say? In my area the Police will not get involved because it's not a criminal matter.

Your husband would have to pick the child up according with the Court Order or, if the "ex" refuses, file in Court for contempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Say No To Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a child in Massachusetts have to be to decide he or she does not want to visit a parent who has joint legal visitation?

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

I have full custody of my 10 month old son. His father has visitation every other weekend and takes my son to his home. He has told me that he lives alone, but I have come to find out that he moved in w/his new girlfriend. I have no problem w/who he lives in, but he refuses to introduce me to...

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in a custody battle with my x over my 13 year 3 mo. Old son. HIs father left him at my house almost 8 months ago. We have joint custody however I do not get child support nor have I ever. My son has only heard from his dad 4 or 5 times since he left him at my house in February. ...

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was suppose to pick up his child for the second go round of visitation. He called the moms home 5 hours in advance to make sure she didn't say she forgot or bring up any other lame excuse. Well when he called her dad answered the phone and said he would call her at work. Well the pick up...

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My friend just got visitation ordered through the courts for his son he haven't seen in a year. My question is if the mother of the child doesn't show up at the place ordered by the courts what can he do? They also have mutual restraining orders on each other(No harassing, can't come to each...

View more questions Search