Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vperezrescarecom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Salary/do you have to be in the office a certin amount of hrs to be paid for the day
    I left the office sick I was only in the office a few hours do I get paid for the hole day or do I have to be in the office 1/2 day to be paid the entire day
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 11, 2010, 09:03 AM

If a salaried exempt employee works any protion of a day than that salaried exempt employee must be paid for the whole day. It is legal to pay for that time with vacation and/or PTO or Sick pay if available. If not available the day still must be paid for.

Shirley
    searcher1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vperezrescarecom View Post
    I left the office sick I was only in the office a few hours do I get paid for the hole day or do I have to be in the office 1/2 day to be paid the entire day
    Depends on: 1. Are you a salaried employee or an hourly employee.
    2. What is the policy as stated in your employee handbook. 3. Do you have paid sick time? Need more info and state of residence.

searcher1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the tax amount in CA, when salary is 72k on 1099 [ 2 Answers ]

What is the tax amount in CA, when salary is 72k on 1099

Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search