Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kay Hamby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 11:15 PM
    Blood test positve for xanax
    Can xanax show positive in a "blood" drug test, when absolutely NO xanax has been
    Taken- EVER? If so,please explain because my doctor doesn't believe me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay Hamby View Post
    Can xanax show positive in a "blood" drug test, when absolutely NO xanax has been
    taken- EVER? If so,please explain because my doctor doesn't believe me.

Not exactly. The test won't be positive for Xanax, per se, but it would be positive for benzodiazepines as Xanex is a benzo. Many other medications are benzo's as well. Are you taking any medications at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does xanax stay in your blood [ 1 Answers ]

If someone has took 2 xanax over a period of two days, about how long would it take to get out of their blood and urine? Would the xanax be out of their blood and urine if this was took over a week in a half ago?

Ovulation test already positve day after period ended [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband are trying to have a baby we have three trying for our last one but I misccared back in June and had a period on augst 3 through the 7th and ovultaion test already said positive yesterday one day after my period ended why would I already be ovulating??

I to 2 positve pregnancy test and 2 negative can I still be pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

I had a question about home pregancy test I took 2 positive test and 2 negative ones. The ones that where positive I took in the morning the other 2 closer to noon. I didn't expect to get a poitive at all because my partner and I had only tried 6 days earlier?

Negative test results taking Loritab and Xanax [ 2 Answers ]

I have been taking loritab and xanax for quite a long time. My family doctor tested me three months ago and they did not show up in my system. He re-tested me the following month via blood and urine. I suppose they showed up then because he continued to prescribe them for me. Last month my...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

View more questions Search