Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moonbay Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2010, 11:50 PM
    Need Help With 2 Movie Titles!
    I would appreciate it if anyone can help me figure out 2 movie titles. I can only describe what I remember about these movies. I saw them when I was a kid, so my memory of them isn't too good.
    Movie 1 - The first movie is about 3 sisters and 1 brother whose father passed away from some kind of illness. Before their father died, he made them promise not to tell anyone of his death because then they would all be separated and he didn't want that. He wanted all of them to remain together. There was also this guy who kept trying to ask the father for the older daughter's hand in marriage, but the father would always tell this guy 'no'. So before the father passed away he made the middle daughter promise not to let the older daughter marry this guy. Throughout the movie the brother and sisters would always act like their father was still around and they would lie to people that would ask about their father and tell them that he was always busy. Nobody new of the father's death. Then one day the guy that kept wanting to marry the older daughter found out that their father died and forced the middle daughter to let him marry the older sister or he would tell people about the father's death. So she had no choice but to break her promise to her father and let the guy marry the older sister. The ending was actually good because this guy would take them all in and take care of them. Anyway, that's all I remember about that movie.
    Movie 2 - I have a very dense memory about this movie, so bear with me. It starts with a family of 8 or 7 (I can't remember). It's a father, a mother, an older brother, and so on, right down to a little sister. The family lived in a wilderness, in a cabin or something like that. The father gets sick and dies, leaving the mother and the older brother to support the rest of the family. The family goes through a lot and one of the little brothers gets extremely ill or something like that. Anyway, it's like this sickness is slowly but surely hitting everyone in this family except the mother, older son, and the youngest daughter. But in the end the mother falls victim to this illness and passes away. I don't know if the rest of the family dies or not. I just remember the very ending when the older brother takes the youngest sister in a wagon to an old lady. The old lady takes her in and they watch the brother walk away. It was like night time or something like that. I think the older brother got the same illness and knew he was going to die, thus leaving him no choice but to take the little girl to a lady he knew could take care of her. By the way, the little girl never got the illness. It was a sad ending and I remember, even as a kid, crying at the end of this movie.
    So, like I said, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out the names of these movies. The first movie was made in the 70's and the second movie was made between the late 60's through the early 80's, I think. Thanks!! :D
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 07:09 AM

The first movie is Where the Lilies Bloom
    wallsdeanne Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 01:00 PM
    The second movie sounds like "All Mine to Give" starring Glynnis Johns as the mother (also from "Mary Poppins" and ""While You were Sleeping"). Alan Hale also had low billing in this movie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for two movie titles! [ 2 Answers ]

I only remember parts of the synopsis of both of the movies - but can't remember either og the titles! 1. this movie is from the late '90's and is about a suicidal girl in high school - or junior high, I don't know. But she's a brunette, and cuts. When her parents and friends finds out about...

Old movie titles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I am urgently looking for some old movie's if anyone can let me know where I can get them from would prefer DVD but will take VHS if it comes to that Jersey girl (not the latest ben affleck one) this one stars jami gertz and dylan mcdermot Only you (older one starring robert downey...

Movie titles need help [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can remember these 2 movies that I saw when I was younger than 10... Late 70's, early 80's. MOVIE #1 This movie is about an American Indian kid who is forced by his parents to spend the summer at his Grandfather's ranch. He doesn't care about his indian heritage. His...

Two movie titles! [ 4 Answers ]

I need help finding two movies I watched as a child (probably between 1984-1995). The first movie I think aired on Disney. It involved a family of children whose parents had died. They had a woman caretaker but she did not live with them. They lived in some sort of big house. I remember...

Need movie titles [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the title of the movie in which a father has an affair with his son's fiancé? Also, I'd like to find the title of the movie in which a handyman falls in love with a single woman. She gets very ill with a fever and he carries her and puts her in the bathtub to bring down her...

View more questions Search