Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karthik_seshu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Efile with itin issue
    When I try to do efile,it asks for the 2008 adjusted gross income or pin # for both me and my wife. I have the info for me but not for my wife as she is filing for the first time with me and has never worked before in US. How do I efile now?
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Feb 21, 2010, 09:26 AM
    You cannot e-file. You must send your tax return and your wife's W7 (and all relevant documents) to the ITIN Unit at:
    Internal Revenue Service
    ITIN Operation
    P.O. Box 149342
    Austin, TX 78714-9342

If she is eligible for a SS# she cannot get an ITIN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Efile state tax with ITIN [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I will get my wife's ITIN in probably next 4-6 weeks. Can I efile in websites like taxactonline for state etax with that itin? Or should I do only manual file as I am filing with "married" status for the first time?

Itin issue [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible for ITIN unit to loose documents sent to them, I sent an original passport, correspondence letter and notice letter to itin unit 8 weeks ago called the itin unit office and found out that my application has been rejected three weeks ago without any rejection letter received by me...

Filing 1040 the first time, can I efile? [ 1 Answers ]

I filed 1040NR last year. I am eligible to file 1040 this year. I was trying to efile using turbotax, and it asked me for my AGI from last year's 1040/1040A/1040X/1040EZ. I can find my AGI from 1040NR but the option for 1040NR is not listed. Should I still use the AGI from 1040NR or am I not...

Can eFile and apply for ITIN? [ 1 Answers ]

As I need to apply for ITIN of my spouse. Can I e File and then apply for ITIN?

Free NYS Efile [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a site that will let me efile my nys income taxes for free and without having to file my federal at the same time.

View more questions Search