Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 01:38 AM
    Maybe the bush was talking to the person after they ate some magic mushrooms. Ha Ha Ha.
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Dec 2, 2006, 01:56 AM
    We are all family and we are all different color.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 2, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Maybe the bush was talking to the person after they ate some magic mushrooms. Ha Ha Ha.
    King James Version

Matthew 12:36-38

36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    King James Version

Matthew 12:36-38

36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
    Hey, you're trying to scare us with scripture. That's kind of funny actually.
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Starman,

Have a sense of humour.

Come on man, do not take everything so seriously. I was joking and you throw scripture at me. What is this anyway?

Joe
    moyra Posts: 39, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2006, 03:39 PM
    I'm just a reading from under my stone and everything is looking kind of scary!
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Lol
    -

Dec 4, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I put forth scientific fact and you dispute it with your own opinion and observations. You really give yourself to much credit! Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am wrong. Scientifically.

Why should I consider your statement scientific fact when it is given without any supporting material? Isn't that expecting too much from the reader?

Question:

In what reputable scientific literature did you read that natural selection selects for beauty above ugliness and that this will result in beautiful people out-breeding the common looking and ornery? I have read extensively on this subject and never have come across such a concept. I strongly suspect that if indeed it is an opinion of some scientist, then that scientist is in the almost nonexistent minority.

BTW

I give myself no credit at all for stating the obvious since it is noticing what's difficult to discern that merits credit.
    -

Dec 4, 2006, 11:47 AM
    What some consider beauty is not to others. What some considers ugly is not to others.

I know.
    The issue isn't the subjectivity or objectivity of beauty.
    The issue is does natural selection select for beauty above the common looking people and the outright ugly ones.

BTW

Denying that there are indeed common-looking and ugly people will not change the facts that most people are common looking and others outright ugly. Or is it a sin, from your viewpoint, to notice this?
    moyra Posts: 39, Reputation: 8

Dec 4, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Well, with my ginger hair, white as a ghost complexion and enough freckles to do dot-to-dot, I'm a right gonner! It wouldn't even be so bad if I was an intellegent ugly but I'm not, so come on shoot me now! LOL!
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Freckles are considered beauty marks. Why would you put ginger in your hair is beyond me. (;

I would not challenge them they might shoot back? :eek:
    BLTDay Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
    This idea came out from somebody I know and it got me to think about it as well. Everybody knows the story about how Adam and Eve is the start of human race and we came from them. That would mean we are all brothers and sisters and we are all related. Now here is the question. Is it possible that there was more then one adam and eve? Meaning if we came only from these two people at the beginning. How do we get all different kinds of races, different cultures. Blacks, whites, yellow, chinese, japeness, asian and I could go on. How could there be so many different types of humans if we only came from adam and eve. It does not add up. What do you think about this. What is your theory or explanation of this.

Thank you in advance!

Joe
    Well that would involve "how did we get all the different languages?" as well. Look at the Tower of Babel story... God was so angered by the people's longing to build a tower to the heavens to worship other gods that he confused all the languages of the earth. He wanted everyone in COMPLETEL confusion. So maybe its then when God set in motion the different ethnicities/races/colors. I also have a theory that its at that time when God confused the languages between the animals and humans. Because it just seems to make sense in the Garden story that adam and ever could have talked to the animals as eve talked to the serpent and didn't think anything was out of the ordinary...
    wiggitywackiraq Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

May 27, 2007, 02:20 AM
    What about another explanation:

Gods created adam and eve (a petry dish), he also created many other petry dishes. The adam and eve petry dish was the only one to have such big lessons involved in their life. Eve concedes to temptation, and therefore adam and eve are punished, kane and abel have it out and now there is anger and grief, I mean that's pretty compelling stuff for his first try, maybe they weren't his first try, maybe they were like the 200th try, maybe the other petry dishes didn't mess up.

As for the language thing, God spoke to them in a tongue they could understand because adam responded to god in the same language. With the "god doing an experiment" theory maybe he implemented different things in their brains and hearts to allow him to speak to each test differently. Therefore, when the breeding was populating the world then the languages were different from their neighbor when the families connected.

As for the culture part, culture is easy... every human is unique and acts different and then the people around kind of take traits and actions from others and make their own personality. So eventually, some customs were created through copying others and I think some leader somewhere saw a mass reflected trait and decided to make it kind of an unwritten law, and in some cases actual law. For instance classes. Upper crust guys with that predisposition that they are better than others all the way down to the farmer who lives in squallor and scrapes by to feed himself and his family. The classes were designed and implemented by people who generations ago separated themselves from people they viewed as lower and unsuccessful, they then pooled their resources to create great wealth to have even more gain on the lower classes. That 1% still rules the world today, because they are resourced and they have taken the mental and instinctual and environmentally learned things from the present and their heredity to make themselves grow past the lesser resourced people below.
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jun 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Yes

Jun 6, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Comment on Starman's post
    Yes

Jun 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Comment on moyra's post
    Yes

Jun 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Comment on Jesushelper76's post
    Not I, dude grow Up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Adam Goldberg movie is about his having a drug problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie back in the 90s in regards to a character played by Adam Goldberg or Michael Imperioli having a crack addiction, and how his life came tumbling down. Apparently it's based on a true story. I would very much like the name of this movie, since I work in the drug and substance abuse...

Adam & Eve [ 59 Answers ]

Who believes in Adam & eve? Who believes that they were the start of man kind?

Adam Smith [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following question: How does Adam Smith's allegory of the shopkeeper allege that capitalism solves the problem of human evil once and for all? How might one argue against this claim? What do you think?

View more questions Search