Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grwlvster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Executor of a trust
    If you are the executor of a trust that has property, rentals and a house, can you legally just move your family into the house? There are four of us in the trust, just what can a executor do and not do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 05:30 PM

You are the executor in name only. It doesn't mean you can take over the property in the will, or the trust.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 07:57 PM

Are you going to be paying rent to the trust, at full market value ?
    grwlvster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Are you going to be paying rent to the trust, at full market value ?
    I'm not the one that is planning on doing this but the executor is, that's why I'm asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living Trust executor, sale of a home [ 1 Answers ]

I am the executor of an uncle who has just passed away. The trust states that the property in the trust is to be divided evenly 4 ways. His home is a large part of the estate to be divided amongst the beneficiaries. Hence, the question that I would like to ask: What steps should I take now to...

Executor Of Trust Role [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to be an executor of a trust and I am not a family member. What should I have to know before I act as an executor of a trust?

Rights of executor of trust [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I moved into my parents house to care for them under the agreement that we were buying the house from the date we moved in (Aug 2002). My father passed in 2003 and we have paid ALL bills, taken care of my mother since, even building a separate mother in law apartment for her. The...

Family Trust, executor or administrator [ 3 Answers ]

Family trust consists of wheat land and the income from same. Are there reports, statement of income or other such paper work required for the administrator/executor to produce on a yearly basis to the heirs of the trust other than just writing a check (cash flow) each year along with tax filing...

Executor of estate/trust [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away recently. My mother has survived him but she is incapacitated. I am the executor of their estate/trust. It is a sizable estate and I would like to gift funds to my brothers and their families. My father appointed my mother as his power of attorney and never updated it. ...

View more questions Search