Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmm1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 04:43 PM
    Gas Heater won't cut on
    Trane natural gas heater (uplow gas fired, single stage, fan-assisted combustion system)
    13 years old
    +I have 2 identical systems and one does not work

Furnace does not cut on.

The diagnostic LED on the control unit blinks continuously slowly indicating no call for heat, but I have power to the thermostat and to the control system

Interior circulation fan does run when I cut on the Fan auto to fan on switch.

Any place on the internet I can find a diagnostic procedure?

Mitchell
    bharr07 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 09:48 PM
    Try jumping out your t-stat for a call for heat if it starts your t-stat is bad , or maybe the programming isn't set correctly , if that doent work try jumping the heating circuit at the furnace , if it starts the t-stat wiring is faulty , if it still doesn't start , post again
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2006, 06:57 AM
    That furnace should have a White Rogers (50A50-... ) PC board. Jumper R to W at the board. Did the light start to flash rapid? Are you sure you have voltage between R and C on the board?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman gas heater doesn't work [ 8 Answers ]

It's been working all right till this morning. I woke up and the room temperature was around 60 :( . All I know about it is that it is a goodman brand furnace. It doesn't have a pilot, but an automatic ignitor. We followed the instruction to reset it -- shut down the electricity, shut down the gas,...

Goodman gas heater [ 9 Answers ]

I have a modelgmpn120-5 gas heater.. today I had gas company look at it.. it runs good for a while.. then shuts down... I go down take a black vacuum hose off.. it has water in it.. I empty it.. heater runs.. today the guy from the gas company said the secodary heat exchanger was bad... how much...

Wards 500 Gas Heater [ 2 Answers ]

After spending several hours in the house I get tiered after getting a mild headache. I suspect the heat exchanger in my old Wards furnace is cracked. Is a replacement going to be a big deal? A neighbor just had this done and it had taken two service guys over five hours to accomplish. When I asked...

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

Gas Heater Turns and Off every two minutes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Our Gas Heater turns on and then after a short burst stops. I observed that the Gas flames start and stop every two minutes even though temperature that I set on thermostat has not been reached. Is this normal? Over the long run house heats up to the my require heat but I suspect this...

View more questions Search