Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niran1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 01:35 AM
    Anti booze tablets
    Good day

I have a husband that does not want too stop drinking , and he is abusive when he drink, and my daugter get scare of him, he think drink is part of life, how can I get him to take the anti booze tablet can I put it in his food.
    babysaver Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Feb 15, 2010, 10:08 PM

If he doesn't want to stop drinking then putting the pill in his drink is not worth it. I was married to a drunk for 7 years and FINALLY realized that there was nothing I do to make him stop.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 06:37 AM

Putting anything in their food/drinks is totally against the law(I know here it is)

It's compared to poisoning,drugging,anything like this is going against many ideas that a spouse being deceptive and issuing something to their spouse is obviously hiding some truths.

If you want him to stop,you can either find help for yourself,or leave him,as it will only be him that stops on his terms,it's called being powerless to change others..

Alanon is just the place for you to find the support you are looking for,it's free,the members are all,somehow, involved with or have been involved with an alcoholic, or they are themselves and their spouses are also.

I don't know what country you are in,so maybe this isn't very helpful..

If nothing else,keep posting here and let those of us who can assist you do so.

Stay in there, if it is meant to be,you will persevere.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 06:41 AM
    If you want to make him deathly ill, then sure goa ahead. Just remember that it is possible that you may kill him.

Antibuse is not a medication to be taken lightly. Anyone taking this medication has to avoid all forms of alcohol including but not limited to mouthwash and colognes and perfumes. Any alcohol that gets in their system, even through the skin, will make them VERY sick!
    trudger67 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 03:49 PM

I agree, lacing someone's food with antabuse is not cool. I think you sound desperate for a solution though, just that is not the way to go about it. Besides, how would you like it if someone put something in your food because they didn't like something about you. You need to get involved in Alanon. He is sick, but you are just as sick because you have been allowing it. Go get some help for yourself.
    Altenburger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 02:12 PM
    I went to Al Anon. They teach you to accept the problem, so I left Al Anon and emailed them that they can take there policy of acceptance and shove it where the sun don't shine (I was diplomatic), because I believe that there is always hope. In fact my ex-husband stopped drinking and his brother too and both were serious alcoholics. They stopped because their mother prayed for them. Where there is hope there is always a way.

Al Anon is a waste of time.
    trudger67 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 22, 2011, 02:22 PM
    There are a lot of people that 'visit' Alanon and think they know everything, then leave. The 12-step programme is a living programme. We have a saying, arrive a drunken horse thief, get sober, you are still a horse thief... your ex and his brother may have stopped drinking and that is commendable... I notice that he is your ex... perhaps his behaviour didn't change, and neither did yours - if you both had a programme you may have saved your marriage. I pity you, and I will pray for you, for the alcoholic is not always the one that needs to take a good look at themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anti booze tablets [ 3 Answers ]

Are there tablets available to help you stop drinking

Anti booze tablets [ 1 Answers ]

I took two drinks while on anti booze tablets and got sick on the way home I was stopped a police check point and failed the test. Would the fact I had gotten sick drive the reading high ?

What anti booze tablets work well [ 2 Answers ]

What anti booze tablets work well and do you need a script

Anti-booze tablets [ 3 Answers ]

Does anybody know if you are on anti-booze tablets can a liquer sweet lead to a reaction?

Anti-booze tablets [ 5 Answers ]

My brother has a drinking problem, he uses anti-booze tablets, and was told that if he eats a few banana's, shortly after taking the tablet it neutrilizes the anti-booze tablet. Is this true?

View more questions Search