Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRSwinston Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Can a class 6 felony be expunged in VA?
    Convicted of 3rd DUI in VA, Class 6 Felony. Is there a chance of getting it expunged?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSwinston View Post
    Convicted of 3rd DUI in VA, Class 6 Felony. Is there a chance of getting it expunged?
    On what grounds?

Feb 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    On what grounds?
    Not sure what you are asking... caught 3 times within 5 years.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSwinston View Post
    Not sure what you are asking....caught 3 times within 5 years.
    You want your 3rd DUI expunged. You need to have valid grounds. You can't just walk into court and say, "Three looks pretty bad; can we knock it back down to two?"

Feb 11, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    You want your 3rd DUI expunged. You need to have valid grounds. You can't just walk into court and say, "Three looks pretty bad; can we knock it back down to two?"
    I guess what I'm asking is... does the state of Virginia allow you to expunge felonies? I have heard some states don't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 01:17 PM

The issue is that to explunge normally this has to be the only criminal offence, not a 3rd. And normally DUI are not allowed even when other crimes are, since not only is it criminal but it always effects DMV issues.

But the only way to even start is with an attorney since it can't happen without one
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
    I can't think of a reason they would. They take DUI's, particularly repeated DUI's very seriously in VA... Particularly since prior DUI convictions weigh heavily on the sentencing aspect of the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a felony expunged in tn [ 3 Answers ]

Convicted of felony in 1995 theft over 1000 dollars, haven't been in trouble since. What can I do I cannot afford a lawyer to do the for me

Expunged felony [ 2 Answers ]

I was released from prison February 15th of 2008 for forgery what address or what steps do I take to try to get it expunged its my only felony. Need to know if it's a waste of time for me to do it so quick.

Getting felony expunged [ 4 Answers ]

My felony will be getting expunged once I get off probation (6 months after probation to be exact) in about a year now. I'm stuck doing labor work now but I would like to be a fireman. I'm thinking they won't except me with a felony on my record so how long should I wait until I even apply? My...

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

Expunged felony [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to disclose a felony that occurred 22 years ago (Felony DUI) and was expunged 6 months ago for a license in the banking or Insurance industry?

View more questions Search