Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashishs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 04:59 AM
    Computer restart automatcally
    Why computer restart automatically ? When I try shut down PC after select shutdown PC restart. Pl tel what to do?
    marburg Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 03:08 PM
    How old is the computer? What operating system are you using? How long has this been going on? There are so many possibilities as to what could be going on based on your question.

You could have adware/spyware/malware that will reboot your PC automatically. If this is the problem downloading and using ad-aware and/or spybot may fix the problem.

Some autodialers for internet connections will do this also.

If this has been going on for a long time, your PC may not be able to use the Fast Shut Down Feature. There are ways to disable this depending on your operating system.

A little more information is really needed in order to try to help you with this problem.

Marburg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic restart - computer will not boot! :( [ 1 Answers ]

Computer Gurus- Here is my situation. I turn on my computer, it goes to the loading windows xp screen, then reboots before it gets to loading even the slightest hint of the actual windows OS. So I tried my solution. I attempted to boot from CD drive, with the windows xp install cd in the...

Restart Message [ 2 Answers ]

I loaded a program (a wireless mouse) and shut down the computer with out restarting. Now every time I start it up I get a message asking me if I want to restart to complete the update yes or no. If I restart I just get the same message no matter how many times I restart so I click "no" and the...

Honda civic won't restart.Bk [ 24 Answers ]

I have a 1988 honda civic Lx. The car starts when the engine is cold but as soon I drive it and turn off the engine it would not restart. Replace the fuel filter and the spark plugs but that didn't work. Im wondering if it could be my star relay (if any on civics)or my engine coil. How do icheck...

Cpu will not restart or start [ 11 Answers ]

My problem happened awhile ago and now its getting worst it use to be I couldn't restart my PC without it freezing I'd have to unplug the power and let it sit for a while then come back to it but I wouldn't have a problem if I shut down until now. Now no matter how I shut down it will not start and...

Problems on restart [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, newbi here, I just wanted to say hello and pose a question . I've learned a lot of useful information here in the past and I hope someone can help. I'm running MS xp Home Edition, I recently discovered a problem where upon restart , my desktop appears but my mouse and keyboard are frozen....

View more questions Search