Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coachgrl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Thongs
    Should I start wearing thongs at age 14 almost 15...
    Most of the girls in my school wear thongs?

What should I do?:confused:
    Precious07 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2006, 06:54 PM
    Only wear them when you feel ready. I started wearing them when I was 15, but don't rush. Their not very comfortable.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Im 24 and male and wear thongs everywhere. To the pub, to the shopping centre, to my parents place.

I love my thongs!!

I assume you are taling about the things you wear on your feet? Here in oz we call them thongs. I think you call them flip flops.

NO! At 14 or 15 I don't think it is appropriate for you to wear a thong, or g-string as we call them.

What do your parents say?

But if you want my opinion I think it is inappropriate.

But by all means buy a pair for your feet and wear them anywhere you want.

EDITED **read my other post - I misunderstood what she meant**
    coachgrl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 06:59 PM
    I also have another qqquestion for you Precious07 ...
    I have gym every day if I start wearing them what should I do?? Just get changed or go into the bathroom

My mom bought them for me? Thongs- or g-strings as you call them she has no promblem with it? I also have tons of sandle but I ant wearing them now it winter
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Well, if your mom bought them and you feel comfortable, why not.

I will let you know that they take a great deal of getting used to.

Why change for gym class? They are underwear, just like your others, but with less fabric.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2006, 07:19 PM
    Ok sorry,

I got the wrong idea here.

I was thinking of thongs as in thongs (g-strings) that you wear to the beach for the world to see.

Not thongs that are simply underwear.

I change my thoughts and think that it is fine. Definiitely fine. Especially if your mum bought them for you and you are comfortable wearing them..

I guess I should have stayed out of it and let the ladies answer.

So sorry about the first post. I think it is OK and you should do whatever you want. Not what you think your friends want though.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2006, 07:23 PM
    I agree with Skell. Don't let your friend decide what you are going to wear because SHE does not like them. If she wants to jump off a bridge are you going to? Well, that is the Mom in me speaking out.

You wear what makes you feel comfortable. Look at it this way, if she does not like them, she does not have to wear them.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 01:47 AM
    If you feel comfortable in a g-string then wear a g-string, I LOVE THEM ;)
    Don't feel uncomfortable because your friend makes fun of them.. so what, just let her! Do not do things to please your friend...

Re: your other question, I would personally go and change in the bathroom when you are the gym, its more discreet!
    Precious07 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgrl
    should i start wearing thongs at age 14 almost 15....
    most of the girls in my school wear thongs?

wat should i do?:confused:
    Change in the bathroom
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 24, 2006, 07:18 AM
    Change in the bathroom, or wear regular underwear the day you have gymclass. Do what makes you feel comfortable, it is what matters most. I personally prefer wearing g-strings because they keep me from having a panty-line showing when I wear dresses or something; there is no rule that says you can't or really shouldn't. If it were illegal, lots of us would be arrested!
    shadyslady313 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 12:27 PM

Hey hun,well first of all don't do it because the other girlsin your skool do it.. ur almost 15 u can make up your own mind.. all I can say is I was wearing them at that age as well..
    kristin7189 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 07:28 PM
    It doesn't matter either way, whatever you are comfortable with. Just don't let the thong hang out or you'll get a bad rep ;)
    metzintg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 07:38 PM

I'd look at whay you want to. Don't just do it because others are. Try one - if you are comfortable with it, go for it!
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
    I agree, don't worry about what the other girls wear or think. As long as whatever you wear you are comfortable with and have confidence in.

If your friend is going to try and say something to you about wearing a thong... well tell her they are more comfortable for you. If she has a problem with that... well its HER problem not yours. She is probably just jealous cause she doesn't have one..

I personally am not a big fan of thongs... I save them for the special occasions... for seamless look or to feel more sexy (can I say that to a 15 y/o?).:o

Do what you do, Be who you be!:cool:
    despreteneedtobeblonde Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 07:04 PM

Thongs are just underwear. As long as you don't show them to anyone. If you are small bottomed then wearing thongs will expand your rear to make it bigger thongs are fine in my book. My daughter wears thongs and she is in 7th grade. I bought them for her. Thongs and G- Strings are fine and if you think you should wear them then wear them.
    Ranger21531h Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 05:32 PM
    I think its fine for you to wear a thong at your age I mean you need to express yourself how u want to
    i_miss_him Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 06:10 PM

Well I'm 14 and I wear thongs... they r OK... but you will NOT get used 2 normal knickers afterwards... but they are fine and I prefer them... but I have been wearing them since I was 13 and I am 15 in 27 days so I am pretty used to them and you have 2 think of your period... if you wear tampons then you should wear thongs as there is nothing stopping you but if you don't use thongs it is not such a good idea you wear them as sanitary towels don't fit on tampons!! Its up to you but I think you are ready... xx
    laurenfunk Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 12:19 AM
    At your age most girls do wear them and there are a lot of positive things from thongs no lines from regular underwear and not so loose. So yes I think you should start
    Stars Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Don't try to look older or be like your frds.. u wear thongs when U decide to wear them. Apart from that your frd shouldn't even know what your wearing down there lol

Don't wear them unless you think they are comfortable.. change for the gym? Heheh well I love them for the gym I think they are even better than normal underwear.. although a lot of people don't agree wit me I think they are more comfortable of the gym... no wegies! Hehehe
    katekatekate Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
    You are definitely old enough! I been wearing them for a year I think and I'm 12.

I know that's kidna young but I just fell in love with the first pair I bough

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thongs. Briefs. Boxers [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering what do girls like on guys thongs. Boxers. Or briefs

View more questions Search