Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SueC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Kenmore Front Loading Detergent Dispenser
    Hi Everyone,

I have a Kenmore front loading washer that is relatively new with the detergent/bleach/fabric softener dispenser that pulls out like a little drawer. Lately when I put the fabric softener in -it all leaks into the load right away instead of waiting to release during the rinse cycle. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? :confused:

Thanks!
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 25, 2006, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SueC
    Hi Everyone,

I have a Kenmore front loading washer that is relatively new with the detergent/bleach/fabric softener dispenser that pulls out like a little drawer. Lately when I put the fabric softener in -it all leaks into the load right away instead of waiting to release during the rinse cycle. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? :confused:

Thanks!
    Read the owner's manual, see if this is normal. You did not say if it was still under warrantly, I know you must have at least a yr warranty, if you can't find the manual, find the model number proably on the front door frame or the door itself, then go to Sears.com, see if you can locate the manual online there by putting in your model number. You should be able to see the warranty online, if not call Sears, ask what the warranty is, then ask the question about the softener.
    MasterBlaster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 10:37 PM
    I just started looking for this same problem a couple of days ago. :eek:

Same thing happens with the Kenmore I have access to in the suite I rent. Carefully fill the hopper, slide it closed, piddle-iddle-iddle, as it dumps the softener (like the sound effects?). :D

Here's a quote I found on another site (they were talking about bleach):

The dispensers on most FLs (I can't swear that this is the case with your machine) do not have any moving parts - they work on a syphon principle, where the liquid stays in the dispenser until it goes above a certain level (ie, when the machine adds more water as a trigger), at which point it all drains into the machine. If your bleach drained in immediately, it almost certainly means you added too much or too quickly and the level went above the trigger line. - DR

I guess it works just like a toilet bowl... Partly full, okay. Add more = whoosh.
    Don't fill it above the "full" line, don't slam it closed, and see if it still does it.

Yet another site (they were talking about bad smells), mentioned that the whole tray can come out by pressing a tab on the left side (I'll have to check the next time it's my turn with the machine). Maybe try cleaning the tray in the sink in case there's something messing with the "normal" siphon action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer front loader [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore front loader washer that is five years old and is now making noises (periodic squealing). I removed the back panel and it looks like the belt is rubbing into the container. Can this belt be adjusted or am I looking at replacing this machine? Love the Kenmore, but cannot...

GE water dispenser won't stop! [ 5 Answers ]

When I went to get some water from my GE water dispenser, the water would not stop coming out. I had to finally pull out the refrigerator and turn off the shut-off valve. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how can I fix the problem?:eek:

Water Dispenser not working [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE SS refrig. The water dispenser stopped working. I determined that the water valve in the back was bad and I've replaced it. Now, I'm getting water to the door (disconnect the tube in front, hit the dispenser lever and water flows), but not to the dispenser. I've tried...

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

Kenmore front load won't do anything [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore front load model 41741142000. It will not do anything. I had a repair guy come out. He used his ohm meter to trace wiring and no problems. Then he got to the door switch and replaced it with one he had on his truck. He determined the problem was the timer. He said I could easily...

View more questions Search