Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diezel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Puppy diarrhea
    We just got our small 8 week old puppy two days ago. Pet Rescue said he had his shots and was de-wormed and healthy. However, he has foul diarrhea that is runny and gross--like a real newborn. Is something wrong? Puppy chow the reason?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 09:22 PM

I subscribe to the theory that newly adopted puppies should be taken to your own vet for a check up as soon as possible to make certain they are healthy. I decided on that after finding out the six-seven week old, healthy pup we adopted was actually five weeks old and had mange.

There are a lot reasons for a small puppy to get diarrhea. Several of them are life threatening. Don't take any chances with his life take him to the vet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 09:35 PM

I'm a cat person, but the same is true for dogs. No matter where you get it from -- a shelter, from a friend's litter, off the street as a stray, from a pet store (*shudder*), or from your own female -- take it to your vet to make sure all is well. If the puppy is having problems, DEFINITELY take it to the vet asap, especially if there are other animals in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

A week ago today, I adopted a 10-11 week old beagle/ jack russell terrier mix. She had diarrhea and was vomiting due to her food change, and after a few days of getting used to the food and taking her to the vet to test her for parvo, she was fine. Today, she had diarrhea again and when I got home...

Puppy diarrhea [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plott hound feist that is days away from being four months old. She has been having chronic diarrhea. She has no loss of appetite and is still her wild self. I have never had dogs before and am concerned. We also adopted a 6 mo black lab from the same rescue and she is fine.

My 11 week old puppy has bad diarrhea [ 6 Answers ]

I have had my 11 week old golden ret./ lab mix puppy for a week now. And I haven't really had any problems. I went to the vet today w/ him and all was clean and good in his body and stool. He was given a kennel cough vaccine and a general check-up. This morning his stool was runnier then normal but...

Puppy diarrhea and vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

During the day I leave my 6 month old yorkie in a kennel. Today, when I came home she had diarrhea. Later on in the day she started vomiting. What do I do until I get her to a vet?

6wk old puppy has touch of diarrhea [ 1 Answers ]

One of my two puppies has a touch of diarrhea. They were playing together in their puppy playpen when I turned and saw that one of them (I'm not sure which one) had had a normal BM on the puppy pad. After I cleaned it up, my little dog, Abs, squatted and pooped out a tiny amount of loose stool,...

View more questions Search