Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ThinkTink Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 10:13 PM
    This boy is driving me crazy!
    So, I have been talking to this boy lately and he likes me and I kind of like him. So we have talked and his friend Canaan decided to "hook" us up. Well yesterday I said yes and then I talked to him on Myspace IM and he was all like, "Oh yeah I am toking it up right now and I was drunk since after lunch." What? Why on God's green Earth do I care about what you did? I want him to stop doing that, but what do I say to make him stop? Should I even be with this guy? I don't do drugs or drink so am I even compatible with him? He has been such a jerk. I don't know if I even want to be around this kind of person. Any tips? :confused:
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 10:15 PM

Find someone who your compatible with , this will only lead to heartbreak.

Feb 3, 2010, 10:21 PM

I can't find anyone. If only God made men with women's brains!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 10:22 PM

No don't waste your time.
    And don't let his problems drive you crazy,find other guys to date that don't do drugs and drink around the clock.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Feb 3, 2010, 10:22 PM

You should be with someone with whom you share similar values with. You don't need his drama/issues.
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Feb 3, 2010, 10:23 PM

Trust me, there are plenty of boys/men out there that are not completely messed up in the head. They just might not always be as obvious of a choice.

Feb 3, 2010, 10:26 PM

I like him but I don't think this is going anywhere with us. We hardly talk but I don't know. We only talk over text/IM it's crazy he is really shy. What can I say to make him stop doing drugs?
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
    I can't find anyone. If only God made men with women's brains!
    Oooh... a strong person that can multi task... scary :eek: ;)
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Feb 3, 2010, 10:28 PM
    I like him but I don't think this is going anywhere with us. We hardly talk but I don't know. We only talk over text/IM it's crazy he is really shy. What can I say to make him stop doing drugs?
    You can't do anything to stop his drug problem. It likely stems from serious psychological issues that a trained professional should handle, not a fellow student the same age.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Feb 3, 2010, 10:31 PM

He's not shy... he's high!
    You can't say anything to make him stop. It's his journey right now. I am going to say one thing. Ok, more than one thing. Whitney Houston/Bobby Brown.
    If she would have just walked away and found someone that she was more compatible with. Someone that she "had something in common" with, would she have spent the years she spent fighting her addiction? Don't do it. They have a way of asking you to "try it". DON'T COMPRIMSE YOUR VALUES FOR SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIRS.

Feb 3, 2010, 10:38 PM

I made him promise me that I would be more important then his drugs but I don't know. I would never ever do drugs. I can't stand being around smoke. I cough and die if I burn toast, I guarantee that if he even dares asking me to try it I will slap him so hard his grand kids would feel it. With Valentines day coming up, I really don't want to be alone this year (again)

Feb 3, 2010, 10:41 PM

Don't you get it that if you are with someone that you really don't want to be with your still alone. Don't settle, that's not necessary.

Feb 3, 2010, 10:43 PM

I kind of like him though, I can't explain it. We have known each other for awhile, and it kind of feels right being with him. Ugh, too much drama for one person to handle!
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 10:51 PM

Well you might not like him later , he could end up looking like this if he continues using drugs :rolleyes:

Name:  witch.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  30.9 KB

Feb 4, 2010, 08:18 AM
    I kinda like him though, I can't explain it. We have known each other for awhile, and it kinda feels right being with him. Ugh, to much drama for one person to handle!
    So your either going to take advice when given or do want you want. Make it work for you.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 08:23 AM
    I made him promise me that I would be more important then his drugs but I don't know. I would never ever do drugs. I can't stand being around smoke. I cough and die if I burn toast, I guarantee that if he even dares asking me to try it I will slap him so hard his grand kids would feel it. With Valentines day coming up, I really don't want to be alone this year (again)
    The fact that Valentines Day is coming up shouldn't make you give in or give up your values.

You will never do drugs; or, that's what you say now. You can't stand smoke; try kissing someone who smokes. You say that you'll slap him if he asks you to try smoking/drugs; yet, you are willing to go out with someone who does those things - and does them with abandon.

There's a huge double standard here... and it comes from desperation to not be alone at Valentines Day.

You need to realize that you and your standards are worth more than a box of chocolates or a partner for dinner.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 08:39 AM

Well I really don't know why you came on here, and it's not to be rude but you know yourself that this isn't a good idea your just lonely.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand and feel your pain but Valentine's Day Shmalentine's Day!

It's a BS ploy and it has nothing to do with real love. You know what I'd prefer a bloody hug on a bad day in November over a drug fueled eejit on the 14th of February.

But you know what? By all means walk down a slippery slope for the sake of 24 hours.

You say that you have something with him, how can you? A person is not themselves when they're stoned or high. Your views are totally opposing on this, a very important matter.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 08:46 AM

Should I even be with this guy?
    No way. You may be attracted to him now, just because your lonely, want a Valentines card, but you will quickly tire of a stoner with no conversation other than duh, pass the joint.

What's the saddest part, is you will waste a lot of time on this dope head when you could be looking for, and getting a real good guy who will buy you chocolates, and not a bag of weed.

I'd rather be alone than with a loser, and what are you going to do AFTER Valentines Day?? He will still be a stoner.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 08:50 AM

Over 6 billion other people in the world... try counting to 6 billion out loud and see how many that is.

I'm sure you can find someone else that you are more compatible with.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Feb 4, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    what are you going to do AFTER Valentines Day??? He will still be a stoner.
    Maybe she wants marshmallow peeps for Easter... lol. Sorry couldn't resist. There is always some damned holiday around the corner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Its driving me crazy. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:I need to write a LITERARY ANALYSIS of Oh Capitan My Capitan by Walt Whitman english is my second language can any one help? I kind of have the out line I need how to starte the paper of any useful websites.:(

Driving me crazy [ 1 Answers ]

My husbund and I separated for 3 months I left home and when the lights turned off he left. I was told he is seeing someone else but he denies this. The problem is I am going back home turning on the lights, water and everything else, He says he has moved on. My question is this. After I have...

Driving me crazy [ 2 Answers ]

I am suffer from bipolar and get so worried about finances, it is overwhelming. I search and search for ways to make some extra money on line that are legit and don't want money up front. Then I don't find anything and get really depressed and worry more. CAN ANYONE HELP?

My 17 yr old is driving us crazy! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 17 yr old daughter that is giving the entire family hell. Since about a month prior to her 16th birthday she claims she is treated like a child and she is going to be 16. She makes poor choices in boyfriends as well as cheat, lie, be defiant with parents and has been arrested for stealing...

My ex driving me crazy [ 3 Answers ]

The relationship I had with my ex was something I thought was great and could work but after 6 months things went all wrong as he started to hit me. This happen about 8 times and I just couldn't take it any more so I just left. I console in my best friend for 9 years about it and he was mad...

View more questions Search