Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 09:30 PM
    vinyl floor repair
    Hi,

I am going to lay new "no-glue" vinyl flooring in the kitchen. I've repaired the existing floor, but have some patches that are uneven. I want to "smooth out" the existing floor so the new floor doesn't show the irregularities underneath it.

What kind of compound or stuff can trowel into the cracks and depressions to level the existing floor before I lay on the new flooring.

Thanks,

Glenn
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2010, 01:43 AM
    Hi, Glenn!

What kind of floor is the existing flooring, please?

Thanks!
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 07:27 AM

The subfloor is particle board with vinyl on top of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vinyl siding repair [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy I'billydown and I'm new, I have several holes in my vinyl siding. I have no extra siding to replace it and the color has been discontinued. How can I repair those holes myself?

Repair Vinyl Flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have two small(less than 1.5 inch) tears in my kitchen vinyl. They are pretty superficial, but also very noticeable to me. They are also on opposite sides of the kitchen. Is there a way to repair these tears other than replacing a section of the vinyl?

Can't get paper up from old vinyl floor. Laying ceramic tile on kitchen floor [ 5 Answers ]

I looked for a similar question on this site before asking and all I could find is a question about ripping up vinyl flooring to lay hard wood flooring down... So I will ask my question, I just got done ripping up the vinyl from my kitchen floor and plan to lay ceramic tile down tomorrow, I too...

Old vinyl floor [ 4 Answers ]

I need to remove a large area of old vinyl adhesive from a concrete floor before I lay a new vinyl floor. In the past new vinyl adhesive was spread on top of the old adhesive. Over time old black adhesive bleed up between the joints. What is the best way to prepare the old floor before installing...

Proper underlayment for vinyl floor starting at floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to build up a floor to prepare for vinyl flooring? I'm building a mud-room in the garage attached to the house, 5' by 13' . Presently I have the joists installed and am ready for subfloor. I am planning to use 3/4" T&G UDL plywood, glued to joists with construction...

View more questions Search