Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoyomofo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 12:29 PM
    HELP-hair dye removal
    I'm only 15 I've only ever dyed my hair 3 times... I just want my natural colour back!!

My natural hair colour is medium/light brown and about 3/4 months ago I dyed my hair with a temporary red dye which claimed to wash out after 15-20 washes... but after about 30 washes it hadn't washed out and by then my hair had gone ginger so I decided to use a different brand of hair dye and temporarily dye my hair more of a red brown colour
    So I did this and my hair turned out dark purple..
    It said after 6-8 weeks it would wash out but 10 weeks later(I wash my hair nearly everyday) it still hadn't washed out and my hair wasn't remotly brown... more dark red... so about 3 days ago I attempted to dye my hair permanent light ash brown and now only the roots are light brown and the rest is dark... I need this colour to be gone in about 5 weeks as I am getting extensions which I want 2 match my natural colour... my hair is in good condition but I'm not intending on getting it stripped as I can't afford getting this done. Is prell shampoo any good? I know someone who is going to america next week is it any use in asking them to pick me up some? If I use it for a month will my hair be brown again?? I've tried using dandruff shampoo earlier but I don't think it did much HELP ME PLEASE :(:(:( I don't want to dye it again!! EVER :eek:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 25, 2006, 01:28 AM
    You are going to have to strip the artificial color off your hair and then deposit a color to match your natural shade. Do not attempt to do this yourself, it's a difficult process. Ask your mom to take you to the salon, so that the hairstylist can do a color correction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

How often can I dye my hair? [ 20 Answers ]

My natural hair color is a reddish brown and I recently dyed it black. I meant to dye it brown to get rid of the red, which I hate, but after I bought the wrong kind of dye and messed up, I colored it black to cover it and it turned out really well and actually looks really good. I dyed it about a...

Removing Hair Dye from Hair... Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Readers, I really need someone's help. I had a neutral dark blonde with blonde highlights and decided it would be fun to go darker. I looked online and found the color and even used a computer generated website to put it on my face and make sure the color would look okay. I brought in...

Removal of too dark dye [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair and for years have had lighter goldish highlights. Last week I decided to go darker for the winter. I went to a salon and they did some low-lights (which I don't mind) and put a semi-permanent dark brown dye over the rest. I REALLY don't like the dark brown color...

View more questions Search