Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trenthenderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 06:15 PM
    Is my boyfriend(gay) still interested?
    Hey everyone, I don't know what to do and would love some guidance:

I came out for the first time to my gay best friend a few days ago and told him I had a crush on him. He told me that he felt the same way and that he would love to be with me. I told him that I was a little worried that this may make things a bit awkward, but he said that "it's not awkward if you just go with the flow." and that he never lets anything that happens between [him] and a guy ruin anything." We talked some more and decided to give it a try. We talked and flirted for a few more hours and he headed to bed.

The next day, I started talking with him and trying to flirt, but he didn't seem interested. It was almost as if he didn't take our talk the night before seriously, and he didn't really care. I brought it up a little bit and he was nice about it, but he seemed indifferent. I would really love some advice on whether he is playing hard to get or if he just doesn't care. Is there a way for me to get his attention.

Thanks a lot,

-Trent
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 06:31 PM

Well it's a lot to think about when someone comes out to you, whether your gay or not.

But for this also to be a possible start of a relationship adds more pressure.

Take it easy and go with the flow. In my opinion going straight into a relationship only complicated further a trying experience.

My advice would be to continue as you were before as friends and see how it goes.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jan 21, 2010, 11:41 PM

I think you did all that you can do. You told him how you feel. I wouldn't say anything else. He already knows. Let him man-up and come to you, if he wants you. Keep him as a friend, but go see what else is out there. I hope it works out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend and my best friend interested in each other? [ 48 Answers ]

Ok so the other day me and my best friend had a sleepover. We called my boyfriend and we talked to him all night and the whole time he was talking to her way more then me. The next day he came over to my house and me, my boyfriend and my friend went to the park. She was messing around with him...

My boyfriend is not that interested in sex [ 4 Answers ]

I am 27 and my boyfriend is 29; we have been together for over 3 years and we are crazy for each other. We were 2 years in the distance and I moved to London for him. In January we moved together to a new apartment. Our relationship is very good, although we don't have much time for each other due...

Boyfriend no longer interested? [ 4 Answers ]

This is likely to be huge and semi-rambling, but I've been stewing on it for months and figured that too much information would be better than too little. My boyfriend and I have been together (this time, we did take a break in which I did have another sexual partner, which really screwed things...

My boyfriend seems less interested in me [ 5 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 6 months now and lately he seems less interestedin me. He works 3 jobs and goes toschool full time. He lives about 10 minutes from me so he's pretty close. In the beginning, we wanted to spend every second we had free together but now he seems to spend like 2...

Boyfriend Cheating, Not Interested? [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 7 years. We are both only 23 and the only partners each other have had. In the beginning of our relationship, he would want to have sex at least once a day, sometimes more. He was really really really into having sex. Now, for about almost 2...

View more questions Search