Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    live1 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 08:27 AM
    How long should I use a product before saying it don't work
    I've been using 4% hydroquinone with ra along with bio clair cream and oil and steroid betanovate with clobastol for 11 weeks my pih has not lightened 1 bit.you can see my pics in my other threads,how long do I have to carry on ,is it time to qwit ?

WHAT SHOULD I USE NEXT .im craig davids colour ,my pih is from old spots and shaving burn from 5 years ago
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jan 20, 2010, 12:03 PM

Honestly by now you should actually have seen the diffrence.
    So maybe its time to try a different brand or product.

Jan 20, 2010, 12:29 PM

Like what?

Jan 20, 2010, 12:36 PM

Retina... to peel... then a hydroquinine based product,with everything use a sunscreen.. exfoliate... twice a week space you exfoliations out... three to four days apart,don't forget your sunscreen firstly you'd be using hydoquinine and Retina sunscreen,sunscreen sunscreen become religious about it OK.
    And if they don't get better after that hey maybe it wouldn't be so bad to see the derm after all:-) godbless.

Jan 21, 2010, 07:40 AM

I've been using 4% hydroquinone with ra for 11 weeks.my derm is in the uk and says hydroquinone is dangerous so I bought it online hydroquinone is usseless junk,

Jan 21, 2010, 11:07 AM

Try licorice extract it works and works well hun.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 21, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAfricacute View Post
    Retina...to peel...then a hydroquinine based product,with everything use a sunscreen..exfoliate...twice a week space you exfoliations out...three to four days apart,don't forget your sunscreen firstly you'd be using hydoquinine and Retina sunscreen,sunscreen sunscreen become religious about it ok.
    And if they don't get better after that hey maybe it wouldn't be so bad to see the derm after all:-) godbless.
    You think the bio clair cream, oil and steroid betanovate with clobasto he used canceled out the other ingredients:confused: To me that's a lot to use at once!

Jan 22, 2010, 08:28 AM

I used ra and 4% hq for ages alone with no results.so I then added srong steroids and bio clair with no results.

Jan 26, 2010, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by live1 View Post
    i used ra and 4% hq for ages alone with no results.so i then added srong steroids and bio clair with no results.
    From what I've seen of your pictures (nice smile by the way) the part your trying to lighten looks like a 5 o'clock shadow, the beard part right?
    It looks like hair to me:confused: You can't lighten hair with a skin lightening cream.

Jan 26, 2010, 11:05 AM

Not hair ,but even if it was the skin would lighten

Jan 27, 2010, 04:16 AM
    not hair ,but even if it was the skin would lighten
    Have you ever had a chemical peel?
    TCA or Skin Culture Peel?

Jan 27, 2010, 09:13 AM

Yes 60 % lactic weekly ,I've done 50 % tca in the past and 50% glycocic in the past

Jan 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
    yes 60 % lactic weekly ,ive done 50 % tca in the past and 50% glycocic in the past
    What were the results?
    Did you lighten or peel at all?

Jan 28, 2010, 08:42 AM

Lactic weekly no peeling ,gycolic no peeling tca peeled but no lighten skin looked same after I peeled

Jan 29, 2010, 07:10 AM
    lactic weekly no peeling ,gycolic no peeling tca peeled but no lighten skin looked same after i peeled
    Have you ever had an old-fashioned barber shop shave?
    You know, straight razor, hot towels for a few minutes to open up your pores?
    I'm looking at your pictures again and I still think it looks like hair hmmm. I don't know, just a close shave to make sure it's not.

Jan 29, 2010, 08:49 AM

But how can I be 100% sure.I do shave very close so you can't feel hair in any direction .

But even if it is hair why is the skin not lightening

Jan 29, 2010, 09:01 AM
    I'm just trying to see if the hair is getting in the way of the creams and gels from penetrating the skin, can you lighten burn marks? Is that what is making your beard area dark?

Jan 29, 2010, 10:04 AM

Its not burns it old acne that left dark marks ,I'm close to giving in I've tried everything I'm really gutted
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2010, 12:39 PM

I think you should use it for at least 5month to fully know it doesn't work.. because I know someone who had a product and after 7month it brought her to where she wanted.. like rihanna... she was so happy.. BUT u have to continue or ull go back to your color

Feb 2, 2010, 11:46 PM
    its not burns it old acne that left dark marks ,im close to giving in ive tried everything im really gutted
    Have you ever picked at your ance? Maybe you have "stains":confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you don't like long.then don't read or awnser. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my name is Jhaunt'e... and I need help... well here goes lol... im a 16 yr old junior and this 14 yr old freshmen named Raven started talking early 2008... well it got a little farther along and we were on the bus on the way 2 school and I gave her a note that said I like you (I was shy back...

I don't think the stalder product works? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been using the authentic Stalder products: Papaya Kojic Acid Whitening Soaps, the body whitening lotion and the face whitening cream religiously for the last 6-8 months. I am a mixed race by ancestry, mother being English, father being Indian. My skin tone color is caramel to beige but my...

How long it takes for dunknow 2 deliver their product? [ 1 Answers ]

I`ve oredred dunknow a month ago and still didn't received it.how long does it takes?

View more questions Search