Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annag2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 03:49 AM
    Kia Sportage 2001. Gas leak.
    I am getting a smell of gas when the car has been driven and parked. If it has just been setting parked no smell. Only after it has been driven. Smell is near the rear passenger side of car. Bad mileage. It is a leak. But I'm not sure from what. Can you help?
    suptclark Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Jan 20, 2010, 06:32 AM

Let the engine idle in the driveway and look for the leak it will probably drip to the ground. Don't smoke while looking!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 08:28 PM

You may have rusted fuel pipes or loose fittings.
    Unless someone has recently attempted maintanance or repairs, you likely have rust.
    Before starting the car, look under the area where you suspect a leak. Look for any signs of fuel: washed clean or still wet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 kia sportage fuel filter location [ 3 Answers ]

Where is the filter located? I do not believe it is in the engine compartment. I have the tool to disconnect it, but it is not where I thought it was. Kiaowner.

2000 kia sportage [ 1 Answers ]

My 2000 kia sportage idles rough and feels like something grabs and lets go while driving, any idea why?

New Transmission for a 1996 Kia Sportage 4x4. 5sp [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked around and the only reasonably priced one was in Southern Illinois. I live in the Central Michigan region. :( Would it be cheaper to pay someone to rebuild this tranny or buy a new one. If I should buy one where would be a good place to look? Rick

2001 Kia Sportage won't idle [ 2 Answers ]

I pulled up to a stop sign and the car went dead. It would not start normally, so I pulled it off with my truck. It runs great but won't idle or restart normally. I drove 50 miles when I got it restarted by jumping it off and no problems except when I try to let it idle. It just goes dead. Can you...

97 kia sportage radio code [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a 97 kia sportage and the radio is flashing and runs for about 2min and then shuts of does any one know the codes and how to put them in? Thanks

View more questions Search