Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BGBAY Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
    Cant Fall Asleep
    Its strange, I can't fall asleep. My mind races. I need to take a sleep-aid. But I don't want to become dependent on them. I take about 3/4 of the pill and it does the trick. Other than that, I can't sleep. I've tried different beds, different temperatures, wearing different clothing. I have tried EVERYTHING. If I don't take a sleep-aid I don't fall asleep until around 3am.
    Is this insomnia?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:33 PM

I use melatonin to go to sleep. 3mg sublingual (under the tongue) and within an hour I'm asleep. Have done this for years now with no problems. Some people cannot take the melaonin but I can. It's relatively cheap and has no side effects.

You can search AMHD for my posts about melatonin and the benefits you get from this hormone that the body makes normally. Older people don't make as much vs the young babies and young kids.

I swear by the stuff to get a good night's rest. I have some residual problems from an auto accident with nerve damage and could not get to sleep or stay asleep without the use of melatonin.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Hi, BGBAY!

No one here can diagnose what might be happening. However, we can give you moral support in addition to advice concerning experiences that others might have had in similar situations.

Why do you think that your mind might be "racing", please? I would describe what my mind did a number of years ago to keep me from falling asleep.

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2010, 06:38 AM

I have no idea, Its not anxiety, or maybe it is anxiety in my sub-conscience. Im really not sure, It doesn't matter what I try and think of I can't fall asleep.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Hi again, BGBAY!

Do you try to go to bed at the same time every night?

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2010, 10:35 AM

Yes. I have tried everything. Honestly. Everything. Im guessing a doctor visit is in the works...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is asleep in Christ? [ 54 Answers ]

Why Are we told to be Watchful ? And might we be counted accountable? Will you fall asleep in Christ? Luke 21:35-36 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things...

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, fall down on me fall fall [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, Fall down on me Fall Fall Build me up Fall fresh on me

My boyfriend and I rarely have sex,he told me once I fall asleep he masturbates [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship on and off for 4 1/2 years. We've been through a lot together and have a history and that's why sometimes our relationship can be really hard. I love him more then anything and that's why ever moving on or letting go is out of the option. We've been...

My kitten is always asleep [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 9 week old kitten yesterday and since then all it has done is lie in the floor and sleep. Help me, and what shall I do??

How can I get my 7 month old to fall asleep himself [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old baby boy who won't go to sleep on his own I haveto hold him until he falls asleep otherwise if I put him in his cot awake he screams for along time until I pick him up any suggestions on how I can fix this problem quickly and happily...

View more questions Search