Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowman5436 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Bad checks and exterdition
    I have about 5 bad checks in Texas toatling about 500 dollars they are at the da office I am in Ohio I may have a warrant for my arrest in Texas I need to know if Texas might exterdite me back or if ill just have a warrant for 7 years I'm going to try my best to take care of this matter so I don't have to go to jail what can I do to help resolve this matter
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:08 PM

Not sure where 7 years comes from you will have a warrant for the rest of your life, warrants do not expire, once criminal charges are filed.

While they will not come hunting you, if you are stopped for speeding or ID check, you will be held pending a check with Texas to see if they want to come get you.

My guess they will not, but they may stop and hold you to check every time you are stopped to see if they change their minds.

It may also cause issues when trying to renew drivers license.

But then who knows, some new clerk on duty at midnight some night and you are stopped they may decide to come after you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Checks [ 5 Answers ]

I took a fake check to the bank and tried to cash it but I just left out the bank and left da check! I did it in 2 banks and I also left my i.dI just got a letter in the mail saying the police would Like 2 talk to me! What's going to happen?

Bad checks [ 1 Answers ]

What will happen if I cashed two bad checks I wrote in canada?

Bad checks [ 1 Answers ]

What is the procedured for bad checks What do happens to people who write bad checks not intentionally bank fees and there fees killed me what happens in court

Bad checks [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Georgia, is there a statute of limitations on bad checks? How long does a retailer have to file charges?

Bad checks [ 2 Answers ]

I had some checks stole so I went to my bank and closed me account I said are there any checks of my that haven't came in yet they said no well now its 2 years later and I am getting calls about checks I got a rested overs some check and I have to pay them and I will but how do I find out if there...

View more questions Search