Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
    It is my belief that the Father Son and Holy Spirit have been as one from the beginning just as John 1:1 has written. Because the Holy Spirit is the likeness of both Father and Son in righteousness.

So I am asking if any have a different opinion then this, and also what then does "OUR image" and "OUR likeless" in the scripture Genesis 1:26 example? Who was God talking with? What would be God's likeless? What is God's image?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    It is my belief that the Father Son and Holy Spirit have been as one from the beginning just as John 1:1 has written. Because the Holy Spirit is the likeness of both Father and Son in righteousness.

So I am asking if any have a different opinion then this, and also what then does "OUR image" and "OUR likeless" in the scripture Genesis 1:26 example? Who was God talking with? What would be God's likeless? What is God's image?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    God made us to be like him in appearance and in essence, therefore we are also comprised of mind, body and spirit. God made us to be an eternal being like himself. We obviously have power which we lack the knowledge and wisdom to use, we are creative
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 12:23 AM

sndbay,
    Like you I do believe in the Trinity God of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
    But as to the rest I think that the author of that passage where the God's spoke to one another he was trying to tell us that the beings of the Trinity were conversing.
    Being created in the image and likeness of God is saying that we are much like God, but not exactly.
    The first man and woman were more like God than we are because they were created sinless but they wrecked but not obeying God.
    Other than that we have many of God's attributes. We have souls therefore we a spiritual beings as God was before Jesus was born a man. That is the image spoken of.
    In regard to the likeness God can and does love. Next to that God can imagine and create what He images as we can to a certain extent.
    God has free will, can be angry, and bring forth life as we can.
    That is the way I believe what the bible says about that.
    It is a good question.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    God made us to be like him in appearance and in essence, therefore we are also comprised of mind, body and spirit.
    The scriptures speak of the soul, body, and spirit, so in respect to what you are saying I agree. And I believe we can idenify each of these in Father the soul, Son the body, and of course the spirit being the Holy Spirit. Note the spiritual completeness of 3.

The image then is soul, body and spirit, but now think about "Our likeness" I believe the likeness is righteousness. This is a time frame before the garden, and as scripture does show God sent HIS Son to set us free from what the garden of Adam and Eve did against righteousness. Christ conquered death caused by sin and unrighteousness, by HIS own death. And we and our sins die with HIM.

1 Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    God made us to be an eternal being like himself. We obviously have power which we lack the knowledge and wisdom to use, we are creative
    I trust God has shown us that our power comes to us in HIM, and that we can have the wisdom and knowledge if we hear the Word that was made flesh in the body of Christ. The body of Christ came from the soul of the Father, and the spirit was within Christ.

It is written: 1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Chirst has made it possible for us to be one with HIM just as He was one with the Father. This is not done in a church building, but it is members being one by the Holy Spirit that dwells within them who confess their one faith.

One body, One spirit, even as you are called.

So our One hope comes by One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father (Eph 4:4-5-6)
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post

The first man and woman were more like God than we are because they were created sinless but they wrecked but not obeying God.
    Fred

I can see that you recognize that sin, and death came to mankind by what Adam and Eve did. And I see you recognize that they were first created righteous.

What I don't see is the belief in Christ body and body. It is written that Christ changed what that one man/Adam had done.

Adam brought us death in sin and disobedience, but Christ conquered death. Christ brought us freedom from the bondage of this curse. He is the Way, the gift of righteousness given back to us.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

It has become the choice you make in following Christ in righteousness to reign in life, or satan unto sin and death.

~God's grace in Christ
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Jan 14, 2010, 09:06 PM
    When God created us, He made us like Himself; therefore we have the capacity for close, personal fellowship with Him. The God Head has always enjoyed a deep, rich and unbroken relationship of love with one another. When God created us He wanted us to share in
    Some measure of that fellowship, that is why He created us in His
    Image. By creating us to reflect His own nature, He made it possible
    For us to develop a deep and intimate love relationship with Himself.
    In this truth we come to the heart of who God made us to be.
    His highest priority for our life is to grow closer to Him,
    So we can have a more positive and lasting impact on this world.

Genesis 1:26 The Us is , to God alone, that is ,to God the father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.

Love and Bessing, Maggie 3
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Jan 14, 2010, 10:21 PM

John 14:28 [Jesus said] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.
    Mark 13:32 Of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    You could also look to the Encyclopedia. The Trinity is a doctrine that took shape in the 4th century.
    It is found in pagan conceptions as well.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jan 14, 2010, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockie100 View Post
    You could also look to the Encyclopedia. The Trinity is a doctrine that took shape in the 4th century.
    One could argue that it goes back even further. I am thinking of Plato's,"Third Man Argument".

Some people might think that because they have discovered the origins of a belief this somehow disproves the belief. This is not true.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 11:16 PM

sndbay
    Yes , I fully believe in both the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
    I have said so many times here at Askmehelpdesk.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockie100 View Post
    A good reason not to incorporate the word trinity, and instead hold to the spiritual significance of the number 3 shown to apply in witness of testimony. There are three identities, and each have their own significant reason and meaning. Father, Son, And Holy Spirit Do they play a part as One, yes they do just as it is exampled and written concerning the number 7 as spiritual perfection.

Scripture speaks of our One Hope, being in One Spirit and One Body .

Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling

You can actually count the "spiritual perfection" which is significance in the number 7 when you examine and review what was written. And all 7 surround Christ Jesus!

Eph 4:5-6 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1. One Body
    2. One Spirit
    3. One Hope
    4. One Lord
    5. One Faith
    6. One Baptism
    7. One God
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 09:40 PM

sndbay,
    Excellent point you made with that post.
    The belief in the One God of Three Persons has been around at the least since Jesus instructed His apostles about it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    sndbay,
    Excellent point you made with that post.
    The belief in the One God of Three Persons has been around at the least since Jesus instructed His apostles about it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    But it is off thread.. I was only making a point at the directed word uses trinity, and agree the word should not be incorporated.

What we have to be aware of is that God has HIS own method of ruling over this world.

From the beginning the number 3 appears to signify spiritual completeness, and witness to one identity.

The creation of earth that surround us from the sky to the ground within the 3 days from Genesis 1:1 thr 1:18. Each day single in identity but upon the 3rd day "spiritual completeness" can be witness.

Then the following 3 days each single in identity signifies"spiritual completeness" to witness the breathing life on earth. The in moving creature that hath life, the beast of the earth, and then man.

These days combined bring us to 3+3 followed to the 7th day of rest. Significant in "spiritual perfection" holiness.

God uses the 3 day spiritual completeness in witness to the ressurection of Christ.

The list goes on and on throughout scripture.

Can we get back to the thread question?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jan 16, 2010, 01:36 PM

Hello Sndbay,

Are you saying that numerology can provide some of the answers?
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 12:23 AM

YES, let's do that. I have already contributed my answer so I'll watch for others.
    But the other offering HAVE been interesting and worthwhile
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hello Sndbay,

Are you saying that numerology can provide some of the answers?
    A short list:there are many more

Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
    Matthew 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
    Matthew 22:3 I am the #1God of Abraham, and the #2God of Isaac, and the#3 God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    Mark 14:41 And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
    Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
    Luke 13:3 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
    Luke 23:22 And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him]go.
    John 21:14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
    John 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
    2 Cr 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
    2 Cr 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Spiritual Significance of Numbers: The Spiritual Significance of Numbers
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 10:40 PM

sndbay,
    That is a very interesting list.
    Thank you,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 09:36 AM

God the Father speaks with the Holy Spirit (our) and speaks the Word of God (Son) that was then made flesh to walk on earth in the our likeness of righteousness (us).
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 11:05 PM

sndbay,
    Right you are about that.
    Fred
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jan 23, 2010, 07:35 PM

The other day my wife said to me, "Let us make a doll in our image."

She was talking to me. There was no one else there.

And my wife and I are one.

BUT she is NOT me, and I am NOT her.

We are two very different people made of the same substance, making us equal but I am bigger than her, I am stronger than her and she is in subjection to me, as I am subjection to Christ as Christ is in subjection to God.

"Let us make a doll in our image" is no proof of a third person in the room, and absolutely no proof that my wife is in fact --- me.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 11:05 PM

I Newton,
    So??
    If you are trying to show that there is no Holy Spirit you failed.
    Almighty God is a triune being of three person, Father, Son and Holy Spirit all three in heaven and all three ever present everywhere.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blasphemy against The Holy Spirit [ 50 Answers ]

Hi, My question is in regards to Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I am a practicing christian (But haven't attended church for several years). In a fit of anger I Blasphemed against the Holy spirit by sayiny ''F#!& Off Holy Spirit. I have read many articles since then and they all point to one...

The gift of the Holy Spirit [ 7 Answers ]

This is a two part question- 1.-- I am looking for scriptures that would shows where anyone ever spoke in an unknown tongue(unknown to the speaker & hearer) after receiving the Holy Ghost. 2.--- I also need some verses to support being slain in the spirit. Where is there any record where anyone...

Holy Spirit [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know how other believers discern the voice of God's Holy Spirit speaking to you. Do you battle within yourself trying to discern if it's your flesh, Satan or the Holy Spirit? How do you really know you are doing God's will?

What is the holy spirit? [ 29 Answers ]

Is it a person? Does ability to speak with great emotion in a tongue that a person never studied prove that he has God’s spirit? Who is baptized with holy spirit?

Grieve the Holy Spirit [ 22 Answers ]

I stumbled across some posts on "you tube" that made me weep. People are posting videos where they public renounce God and Jesus.:eek: Before I was a Christian I was a good sinner I did it all lie,some drugs , stole ,adultery. But never would I even think of denying Jesus I mean I didn't really...

View more questions Search