Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broken19871950 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 10:36 PM
    Charged
    Ok. So I was picked up by the police tonight and am being charged with fraud under. This is my second offense towards an employer. I have contacted my lawyer in which I will speak with him tomorrow. I was allowed by my former employer to pay her the dollar amount in which I wrongfully took from her company. $358 and I gave her $360. It was me who told her the total because I knew they would have proof of it so why lie?
    The police had no idea that I even gave the money back to her. She never told them this. So when speaking with them, they seemed a little odd after I told them I gave it all back. In cash.
    Do I tell my lawyer tomorrow about how she told me after the incident that she can't get the transactions through MasterCard cancelled without a police report? And now that there is one, she has the opportunity to file a claim with MasterCard to get her $360 dollars back with them too? When I gave her the money back she told me I wasn't allowed to use anything other then cash... and the receipt they gave me was only hand written. My thoughts are so that no one knows she got it back and she will get a $360 pay day x2. From myself and mastercard.
    She is like this. I know her and I know she would do that. Should I tell my lawyer this or no?
    Do you think I will be OK... I'm going to counseling now to in order to try and figure out why I do this and to put an end to it.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jan 13, 2010, 04:42 AM

It sucks if she gets paid 2x but I would worry more about the criminal charge.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 05:27 AM

Yes,you should tell your lawyer.Keeping anything from him is like shooting yourself in the foot.
    He is your best defense,he should know everything so that he is not surprised in any way when this goes before the judge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 05:32 AM

Snicker, snicker, sounds like this employor is teaching the thief a trick or two.

Never ever lie to YOUR lawyer and tell hiim everything, that is the only way he can properly defend you.

Also even if you pay her back she has all the right in the world to still press criminal charges also. Most normally do, they expect their money back from you ( you are not allowed to keep it of course since it is illegally gained goods)

What is over obvoius is your lack of remourse because after doing it once, you went and did it again, ( second offense statement)

So I don't see a judge feeling any sorrow.

You do need the best attorney you can get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being Charged [ 7 Answers ]

There was an investigation going on against my boyfriend. Yesturday afternoon we were informed that there was not enough evidence to charge him (because he didn't commit the crime). However this morning we find out that there is still not enough evidence to charge him however there us a lady that...

Why was I charged? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 50 y.o. disabled woman who was charged with theft <50>500 and arrested. I had not left the building and actually had stopped before departing the last door to the outside and was planning on taking everything back. I am bipolar and at times impulsive w/little control even while taking...

What can I be charged with? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Canada and I'm under 18 and over the course of 3 years I have stole close to 12 000 dollars from a family friend. It is undiscovered but I feel like I'm dying of guilt and want to admit it and begin paying some back. What could the crown charge me with? And is this considered a...

Can you still be charged? [ 1 Answers ]

If you worked at a gas station in thornton Colorado and they called you back and said you were stealing they said you don't ring stuff up but you put the money in the drawer and the product walks out and they asked you how much did you steal and you say you don't know what their talking about so...

Can I be charged for this? [ 5 Answers ]

I contacted the new tenant who is taking over my lease since my landlord will not call me back. I've been planning on moving out April 7th (early termination approved by landlord) and have yet to get the official o.k. from the landlord. So I'm continuing to get my information about my lease in...

View more questions Search