Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jan 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
    Swollen Eye Lid
    For months now, maybe even close to a year (could be longer then that) my bottom eyelid swells up. I can feel it coming about and then BAM, my entire eyelid is huge. It gets red and big. Lasts for a few hours and then slowly goes back to normal.

Anyone have any idea what this may be?
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 08:34 PM

Have you talked to your doctor?

Jan 10, 2010, 08:37 PM

No of course not, that would be way to easy LOL.

Thought id throw the question out there first before I spend money on a copay and missing time from work.

However, I will soon if it doesn't stop.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 08:46 PM

think about it this way, there's a doctor who'll most likely know exactly what to do. Then there's a world full of random people who could have you end up paying twice your copay on fake remedies. Loly

Jan 10, 2010, 08:51 PM

I wouldn't actually pay someone for a fake remedy.

But thanks for the response
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 02:48 AM

Have you considered it being an allergy? Makeup (if you're female), eye drops, contacts, smoke, food. A number of things could be a trigger. But the only sure fire way to know what it is and how to fix it is to go to an eye doctor. Co-pays are relatively inexpensive if you have insurance. And eye exams are as well. A lot of vision clinics have weekend/later hours as well, so hopefully you wouldn't have to miss work.

Jan 12, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Have you considered it being an allergy? Makeup (if you're female), eye drops, contacts, smoke, food. A number of things could be a trigger. But the only sure fire way to know what it is and how to fix it is to go to an eye doctor. Co-pays are relatively inexpensive if you have insurance. And eye exams are as well. Alot of vision clinics have weekend/later hours as well, so hopefully you wouldn't have to miss work.
    I've thought of that. Ill eventually go to the doctor. Lord help me :) hate docs. But I'm a grown up I have to go aahhhh
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 10:56 PM

No one really LIKES to go to the doctor. Waiting will only make the issue worse. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen eye [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm not sure if this is the section to put this post but any help would be nice. Last night I noticed (after washing my face with my everyday wash) that my right eye was extremely swollen. I do not have allergies, my mother and older brother do but I never have. I did go to the...

Swelling of upper eye lid [ 1 Answers ]

Swelling of the upper eye lid and hard round bump on inside of eye lid what could this be

Cat with a swollen eye and closed third eye [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old short hair domestic cat (tojoe). About 2 weeks ago the third eye on his left eye started to close. Is now completely closed and swollen,the eye is swollen enough that he cannot close his outeye completely as well there is some discharge and bright red blood. When it first...

My cats got a swollen eye [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon, everyday when I come home my cats greet us at the door. Well today our older cat who is my baby has a swollen eye. When we looked at it doesn't appear to be cloudy or anything to suggest an infection. I'm not quite sure what I should do. I've read that putting warm compress on it...

View more questions Search