Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stupid girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Used for citizenship
    I dated this guy for a 3 years, when we first met he was here legally then after 9/11 something wasn't right and he needed to get married for citizenship. We prev. talked about getting married and I just thought we were getting married sooner rather than later, and it would have broke my heart if he had to leave the country. So we got married, after the interview w/the immigration people he told me he'd been cheating on me the entire time and it seems he only used me. Also, since we were getting married sooner rather than later, we didn't live together, because we (or at least I) thought we'd get married in a few more years (I wanted to finish school first). :confused: :mad:

Is there anything I can do?
    gautamanne Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2006, 05:00 PM
    If you report to INS.they should be able to take care of this guy and also when you file for divorce ( IF YOU DO) make sure the judge knows this.
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Nov 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
    ... you might even be able to have the marriage annulled.
    stupid girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stupid girl
    I dated this guy for a 3 years, when we first met he was here legally then after 9/11 something wasn't right and he needed to get married for citizenship. We prev. talked about getting married and I just thought we were getting married sooner rather than later, and it would have broke my heart if he had to leave the country. So we got married, after the interview w/the immigration people he told me he'd been cheating on me the entire time and it seems he only used me. Also, since we were getting married sooner rather than later, we didn't live together, because we (or atleast I) thought we'd get married in a few more years (I wanted to finish school first). :confused: :mad:

Is there anything I can do?
    He told me I can go to jail for treason.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Don't believe him, file complaint with INS and Home Land Security

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am 26 yrs of age, Both my parents have a portuguese passports and also ID cards. How do I go about attain a passport before I get married?? This year?? I live in dubai and the nearest consulate is in Saudi Arabia and they are very slow. I WAS BORN IN DUBAI AND I HAVE LIVED HERE...

Citizenship.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering what it takes to get a citizenship to greece. If you help me out that'd be great. Thanks. :)

Us citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!I'm 21 years old and I'm french! I came here with a visa for 1 year as a nanny.my year is almost over and I have to go back to france. But I'm getting married at the end of January! And even with the marriage it s seems hard for me to come back here! I need help with how to be a citizen, what I...

US Citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

I was born in Germany, my father a US soldier, mother a german. My dad acknowledged me in my birth registration documentation, but since I was born here in the 50's and they were not married I received automatic german citizenship. Later my mom married a US citizen and we got stationed in Japan...

Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My father was a journeyman and he lived in the Republic Of The Marshall Islands (it used to be part of a US territory), anyway, I was born back in 1972. He forgot to claim me as a US citizen born abroad. I am now 29 years old. I've lived in the US for over 10 years. My question to you is, can I...

View more questions Search