Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huda72202 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 08:49 AM
    Why won't my thermostat my central heating go higher and put out more heat?
    My thermostat on my central heating unit is not putting out the heat. For example right now, It is 17 degrees outside. I put my thermostat up to 90, not to get it that hot of course, but to get the temperature to rise. It is only reading 59 degrees! Last night it went down to 40 degrees. The unit outside is not blocked by debris, the pilot is on because it is putting out heat, we see the steam rising and the vents to the outside unit is warm, but it is not increasing the temp in the house
    builderbob1 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2010, 10:56 AM

Is it a heat pump or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Heat and Air Thermostat Issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have (electric) central heat and air throughout the house with a separate unit for upstairs. The units are 12 yrs old. Both thermostats are older (mercury readings, I think). The upstairs thermostat doesn't appear to record the proper temperature but will kick on and off according to the...

Central A/C & Heat Pump Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Robertshaw Thermostat, item # 9520. It has started making a clicking noise, rather rapid click, click, click, on and on. Have changed batteries but still does it. The clicking sometimes last for several minutes. Can not see anything clicking nor can I tell where it is coming...

Wiring a central heating thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to fit a new central heating thermostat and I'm unsure of which wires go where could anyone help me please? I have bought a sunvic digital room thermostat TLX 7501 With three terminals numbered 3, 2, 1, in the bottom right hand corner as you look at it. I have four wires one...

View more questions Search