Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cobenfan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Free plumbing questions and answers
    When I turned on the hot water in my bathroom sink, nothing came out (the cold worked just fine). I checked the shut off valve, it was open, and all the connections were fine. I also checked all the other faucets in the house, and all the hot and cold worked fine. Is there something else I should check, what could be the problem?
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:41 AM

You could disconnect from the wall to determine if it is at the faucet or before.

Jan 8, 2010, 09:00 AM

I just tried that.. and it's before, there's no water. Any suggestions on what I should do next?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 09:06 AM

One handle or two? This tells me the hot inlet is clogged, the fix will vary depending on your answer to my question

Jan 8, 2010, 09:10 AM

Two handle

Jan 8, 2010, 09:15 AM

Shut off the supply to the hot from under the sink. Remove the handle and opull the stem or cartridge. Clean the stem/cartridge. Before reinstalling cover the valve hole with a towel and have someone else turn the suplly on/off quickly to flush the line.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 09:21 AM
    If you disconnect the supply line and no water then you have problem with your angle valve, close the and angle valve all the way and open it see if it will help, if not then you need to shut your main water S/O valve, loosen the packing nut put a container under the angle valve and a towel over the angle valve ask some one to open the Main S/O valve slowly and see if the water is coming if it does then you need to replace the seal at the end of the stem or replace your Angle valve see the image below, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 09:24 AM

I believe he disconnect the supply line and no water so it tells me that the problem is with angle valve correct me if I missread his post #3, Thanks.

John

Jan 8, 2010, 09:27 AM

My bad, I missed that part, not the mixing valve, stop cock or before is clogged.

Jan 8, 2010, 09:29 AM

Thanks John, I'll try that next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free plumbing questions and answers [ 16 Answers ]

Smell from pipes after using sinks and washing machine can not find any leaks the smell comes and goes. Smell is in kitchen and laundry room which is below kitchen

Free answers to physic questions [ 3 Answers ]

A hang glider n and its piolt have a total mass equal to 120kg. While executing a 360 degree turn, the glider moves in a ciricle with 8-m radius the glider speed is 10 m/s what is the net force of the hanging glider .

Free plumbing answers [ 5 Answers ]

I have an 800’ well with a non pressurized tank and a 1 horse jet pump the tank is full to the top and the air control valve seams to be working there is no blockage in the 1/8” lines on the pressure switch or the air control valve. But the pump starts as soon as the water is turned on and runs a...

Free plumbing questions [ 8 Answers ]

Do all water haters have a magnesium rod in them

View more questions Search